This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any worthwhile deals happening on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

#21SlaynPosted 12/2/2013 12:14:24 AM
I saved up money the past 2 cyber Monday to buy computer parts, was very disappointed.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday items generally fall in to 3 categories:

1. Super cheap door buster items. Usually not enough of these to reliably count on.

2. Last years clearance items they need to get rid of. Usually not so bad for consumer electronics or clothing, but terrible for computers. Last years video card is usually not that great of a buy.

3. Random "meh" items. Nothing spectacular, but who doesn't love a good $2 HDMI cable?
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#22YoungAdultLinkPosted 12/2/2013 12:41:42 AM
I don't think Black Friday often has good deals on components, though last year I did get my 7870 from HIS at the cost of a Sapphire, and HIS slaps a good $30 premium on my card because of its cooler. So that was nice.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#23RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 1:51:48 AM
Slayn posted...
I saved up money the past 2 cyber Monday to buy computer parts, was very disappointed.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday items generally fall in to 3 categories:

1. Super cheap door buster items. Usually not enough of these to reliably count on.

2. Last years clearance items they need to get rid of. Usually not so bad for consumer electronics or clothing, but terrible for computers. Last years video card is usually not that great of a buy.

3. Random "meh" items. Nothing spectacular, but who doesn't love a good $2 HDMI cable?

Long story short, don't expect anything great to be on sale.

Got it (;-_-)
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#24TheMove2Posted 12/2/2013 3:05:29 AM
Newegg use to have killer deals on BF and better on cyber Monday. I have not seen any deals.

I like to build and buy a new pc after 2 years on BF/Cyber monday. Im at the 2 year mark with my current pc. But I don't see any deals on any parts so far.
#25Devil_wings00Posted 12/2/2013 3:35:47 AM
Like all good things BF/CM have were once amazing but now that it's an annual event the companies know that they really don't have to discount much to bring people in anymore, they are coming anyway due to the name/reputation. Not to say there isn't some good deals to be had still but it's nothing like it used to be.

It's more like just a whole lot of regular sales you see on every site just happening at all at once instead of a whole bunch of once a year type sales you can only get now. I don't expect to see much on BF/CM I won't see on any regular daily/weekly deal, just more of those kind of sales.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#26MarceloSampaioPosted 12/2/2013 4:00:20 AM
Here in Brazil, the Black Friday is actually a huge fraud. 99,99% of the stores in here sells a product for the same price (sometimes even MORE expensive), and states that its a huge sale!

For example, I recently (Tuesday) bought an Asus motherboard for R$ 347,00, and was NOT on sale. When the black friday started, the SAME motherboard was put on "sale", down from R$ 500,00 to 367,00.

And thats the thing: many people here is so stupid that they look at the motherboard and think: "look, the price is 500, but its priced at 367 because of the black friday!", even though the card was NEVER R$500!
---
:3
Gamefaqs logic: Emulation = Piracy.