This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to start a gaming channel and become the next PewdiePie

#31jakisthePosted 11/27/2013 12:19:24 AM
Steamster posted...
jakisthe posted...
http://cdn-sr3.saintsrow.com/profile/avatar/You_are_already_dead-(n1296951764362).jpg

Because really, going into it with the sole intention of making money is a surefire way to fail.

Tell that to literally the entire non-indie entertainment industry.

It's not with every industry. But Youtube? There are millions of people, doing the exact same thing. With an easy entry, a chill "job" of just playing games, and money - there are already probably a billion hours of Lets Plays out there already.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#32MasterDonGeroPosted 11/27/2013 3:58:56 AM
steveboblarry posted...
MasterDonGero posted...
steveboblarry posted...
wizardmon posted...
I think it's perfectly fine to spite the 'Successfully bad" things in the world, it should even be a encouraged behavior too.

Drake

You must not have listened to all of Take Care.

Lol naw man its all about no new friends.

I meant the album "Take Care."
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#33Combo MasterPosted 11/27/2013 4:25:35 AM
I know a ton of awesome lets players on youtube who get very little views and who probably make nothing from youtube. So good luck.
---
Combo Master
#34reincarnator07Posted 11/27/2013 6:54:41 AM
Never mind what games and stuff to play. Why should we watch you, particularly over other youtubers? How will you promote yourself? What makes you think that you will be the next PewDiePie when there are literally millions of people trying to do the same thing who have a more established audience and more experience?

Not trying to be a dick, but I'd reconsider your goals.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#35SpazH3dPosted 11/27/2013 8:14:23 AM
I think the OP choked to death on all these replies.
---
- My vision is augmented
#36DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/27/2013 8:17:13 AM
daemon_dan posted...
Kosba_2142 posted...
arleas posted...
Quick guys lets spite the successful people in life!

There are plenty of successful people in life and I have no problem with them. It's only the ones who cater to the lowest common denominator and act stupid to get views that bother me...and then it only bothers me when I see someone else mention them as if it was some kind of talent (acting stupid that is).

It's like you're going to defend "the Annoying Orange" as some kind of art form to be compared with Shakespeare or even just on the same level as "Breaking Bad"...they're all successful (in different areas) so that must mean they're all good! Right? Only good stuff is ever popular...right?

I'm not defending him as talented, or good or anything, I'm saying nobody would care about him if he wasn't successful. You guys only hate because of his success >.>

Of course we wouldn't. But it's not jealousy. See, it's natural to hate people who are successful but woefully under-talented. Because they didn't work hard, they didn't try hard, they didn't do anything smart. They did stupid things and got popular with stupid people and it was stupidly successful. Which is STUPID.

That actually sounds a lot like jealousy.
"He's famous and successful and stupid! I'm less stupid, why aren't I famous?! RWARGH!!"
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#37KCGeminiPosted 11/27/2013 1:29:13 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
That actually sounds a lot like jealousy.
"He's famous and successful and stupid! I'm less stupid, why aren't I famous?! RWARGH!!

That's also DSP in a nutshell. Except he will try to "intellectually" tell you that he is isn't doing so.
Watching his hypocrisy on his channel is also the most entertainment one will get there. He's godawful at games and won't actually admit to it.
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#381337toothbrushPosted 11/27/2013 2:50:38 PM
Kosba_2142 posted...
Quick guys lets spite the successful people in life!

In this post:

1) Success is measured in dollar value.
2) The more money you have, the more infallible you are.
---
------------
http://imm.io/1k2ea
#39darklinkfan55Posted 11/27/2013 3:14:15 PM
be good looking as possible and always say that you are single, the females will be all over you, if you are ugly then you wont have as many people following you sadly
---
~everyone has a darkside, link has two~
#40Aadrian1234Posted 11/27/2013 3:36:30 PM
I do not like his personality, how he acts, and I feel he acts stupid just for views. He screams at every thing he can, and I absolutely hate his fanbase. There is no reasoning involved if you ever talk to one of his "dedicated" fans, they will defend his every move.

Also, the way YouTube works, is also why he is so popular. In a nutshell, because he moved from Sweden to the US, both, or more, regions can watch his videos. It may not be intentional, but is an exploit of YouTube's algorithm. Check out GameTheory's video on this if you want more information.
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"