This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to start a gaming channel and become the next PewdiePie

#41DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/27/2013 4:39:31 PM
KCGemini posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
That actually sounds a lot like jealousy.
"He's famous and successful and stupid! I'm less stupid, why aren't I famous?! RWARGH!!

That's also DSP in a nutshell. Except he will try to "intellectually" tell you that he is isn't doing so.
Watching his hypocrisy on his channel is also the most entertainment one will get there. He's godawful at games and won't actually admit to it.

The **** is DSP?
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#42jakisthePosted 11/27/2013 4:44:39 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
KCGemini posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
That actually sounds a lot like jealousy.
"He's famous and successful and stupid! I'm less stupid, why aren't I famous?! RWARGH!!

That's also DSP in a nutshell. Except he will try to "intellectually" tell you that he is isn't doing so.
Watching his hypocrisy on his channel is also the most entertainment one will get there. He's godawful at games and won't actually admit to it.

The **** is DSP?

Basically, a gigantic *****. It's best not to know any more.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#43R i c kPosted 11/27/2013 5:55:13 PM
As popular as PDP? Pander to ADHD lolsorandum! 12 year olds by acting like a complete idiot. Play tired, shallow, dull games like Happy Wheels while camwhoring. Also, play unscary games and scream like a little girl for no reason.

Serious answer? Play what you want to play, edit your videos how you want to edit them, upload what you think is good and try to pass your channel around within the established game communities for the games you feature. The least successful start-ups I've seen involve people trying to cover all the popular games and just doing a vid here or there of each. That's not usually a great way to start unless you have a particularly engrossing personality.

Better start-ups focus on one or two games and build up a decent amount of subs that way before branching out. That way it works like this: You make a bunch of vids for a game, you mention it within that game's community, people check out your channel, if they like your vid they check out your back catalog, if you have a lot of vids of the game they like they may sub. If they like the first vid only because it's a game they play and then they don't see any more of that game in your back catalog they're less likely to sub or if they do sub they're likely to unsub if you don't keep producing more of their favorite game.

Basically, you need to run your channel for yourself first. If you try to do what other people want you run the risk of it turning from a hobby into a chore and that's not good for anyone. People are also more genuine and more willing to put in their best effort when they're doing what they like. That feeling shines through in any hobby.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D