This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need help building a desktop

#1king_maddenPosted 11/26/2013 9:04:22 PM
I was going to go with a pre-built, but after having my eyes opened to the possibility of building one ive decided to go the route of newegg and building one. Only problem is i know nothing of parts or whats compatible with what. Ive looked on newegg found parts and pieces that I like, but then give up on it because i dont know whats stronger than what, or what pieces will work with which motherboard.

could someone give me a few tips, or give me a link to a decent build, not trying to spend more than $400 but of course the lower the better. Video/graphic card or whatever its called, and hard drive are not needed.

id appreciate tips anyway on what to look for to tell best performance and compatibility. i mainly play RTS games, but I would like a pc that has the potential to play anything i put in it on at least playable levels i dont care if it isnt like 1080p 60fps or whatever.

thanks for any info
#2ATARIJAWAPosted 11/26/2013 9:18:28 PM
king_madden posted...
I was going to go with a pre-built, but after having my eyes opened to the possibility of building one ive decided to go the route of newegg and building one. Only problem is i know nothing of parts or whats compatible with what. Ive looked on newegg found parts and pieces that I like, but then give up on it because i dont know whats stronger than what, or what pieces will work with which motherboard.

could someone give me a few tips, or give me a link to a decent build, not trying to spend more than $400 but of course the lower the better. Video/graphic card or whatever its called, and hard drive are not needed.

id appreciate tips anyway on what to look for to tell best performance and compatibility. i mainly play RTS games, but I would like a pc that has the potential to play anything i put in it on at least playable levels i dont care if it isnt like 1080p 60fps or whatever.

thanks for any info

use PCpartpicker. It will tell you if everything is compatible.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#3king_madden(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 10:17:39 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
king_madden posted...

thanks for any info

Oh awesome thanks, never heard of it. Does it give you all prices, or is it a store with their own prices?
#4VIP86Posted 11/26/2013 10:25:10 PM
king_madden posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
king_madden posted...

thanks for any info

Oh awesome thanks, never heard of it. Does it give you all prices, or is it a store with their own prices?

It shows you the lowest price of that certain part. Study first to see which processors are good ones. Google logical increments and it will show you at a certain price point, what's best with your budget.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750
#5king_madden(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 10:36:56 PM
Thanks a lot guys I'll check it out as soon as I get home.