This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't access bios on new machine. CPU or MB issue?

#11HydroCannabinolPosted 11/28/2013 8:47:53 AM
Delta123456789 posted...
Right, I'll give the cooler a try and see if the case will play ball (must buy some more thermal paste though).

Thanks again for all the help guys, it means lot to have people pitching in when you are stuck and stressed.

Really late response but if you are not overclocking the stock cooler will provide sufficient cooling forever. No reason to get aftermarket cooling. However, if you already bought it and it fits then use it like the other poster said just because you paid for it..

If you can return it though I would. Use that 30 bucks to buy some food or take a girl on a date. No reason for it if you're running stock voltage.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#12MadMadMarkPosted 11/28/2013 11:05:39 AM
Personally I think the problems you are getting are more likely to be RAM or GPU related.
CPU and MOBO errors do not normally result in screen hanging like that.
#13HydroCannabinolPosted 11/28/2013 11:09:06 AM
MadMadMark posted...
Personally I think the problems you are getting are more likely to be RAM or GPU related.
CPU and MOBO errors do not normally result in screen hanging like that.

I just assumed he had tested the RAM since it's the easiest. Use one stick at a time in the A1 slot and switch them out for every stick you have. Even use a friend's stick since it's a known working one.

After this it's either CPU or Mobo or I guess GPU but he doesn't have integrated graphics so the only way to test is to use a known working card in that slot and if it still hangs then you know for sure but it's a safe bet to just RMA the motherboard and perhaps clean the contact on everything after he transfers the parts..
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#14Killah PriestPosted 11/30/2013 9:27:41 AM
I don't think it does I'm afraid. Case is quite a basic tower. Only plug on it I wasn't able to plug it was a many-pinned USB3 plug which my motherboard didn't have a slot for so I assume it just doesn't have one.

Most people gut them from older cases because they stopped supplying them and putting them on the motherboards. Not a very big deal but it allows you to listen for beep codes that narrow down what the issue is. It plugs into the same area as the power button and stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/PC-Internal-Mini-Onboard-Speaker/dp/B002W4M0DW/

a lot of motherboards now tho have LED codes they display.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.