This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need a new mouse what do you recommend.

#11somebadlemonadePosted 12/1/2013 6:07:15 PM(edited)
acceleration, smoothing, tracking errors(only on really crappy mice), angle snapping, prediction and lift-off distance

the ideal sensor, notice how i use ideal not flawless, would have none of the following:
acceleration
tracking errors
angle snapping
prediction

and have the ability to change the following
lift-off distance
smoothing

i'll give you a lot of this can be changed with firmware, but the problem is most manufactures don't let you change those settings
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ
#12somebadlemonadePosted 12/1/2013 6:09:23 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
wildog2006 posted...
but what are the 'flaws' that a sensor can have?

Acceleration.

that's funny since the laser in the g700s has an inherent 5% acceleration with the laser sensor which can't be turned off or changed, but like i said, the human brain can adjust to that and make it unnoticeable so it doesn't matter
---
AJ
#13MaxCHEATER64Posted 12/1/2013 6:10:29 PM
somebadlemonade posted...
that's funny since the laser in the g700s has an inherent 5% acceleration with the laser sensor which can't be turned off or changed,

I've done many tests after reading about that, and I really don't think it's true.
---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
http://i.imgur.com/xUwa3va.png
#14ZethPosted 12/1/2013 6:16:20 PM
Zowie AM/FK
Steelseries Rival
Razer Deathadder
CM Storm Spawn
CM Storm Recon
---
"Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
3DS FC: 5172 0388 6449
#15somebadlemonadePosted 12/1/2013 6:36:15 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
that's funny since the laser in the g700s has an inherent 5% acceleration with the laser sensor which can't be turned off or changed,

I've done many tests after reading about that, and I really don't think it's true.

put it on it's lowest setting and move it really quickly, that's pretty much the only way to even make it exhibit those results, and it's such a small amount of acceleration that you don't notice it
---
AJ
#16PraetorXynPosted 12/1/2013 7:22:34 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...

put it on it's lowest setting and move it really quickly, that's pretty much the only way to even make it exhibit those results, and it's such a small amount of acceleration that you don't notice it

And most people who care about accuracy in FPS games play at low sensitivity so they can move the mouse normally for very accurate headshots etc., but have to make arm swings to do 180 degree turns and such. It's very noticeable to those people.

There are a number of mice with:
Zero acceleration
Zero angle-snapping/prediction
High perfect control speed
No Z-axis issues
Low lift-off distance

These things make a perfect 1:1 correspondence between mouse movement and cursor movement.
These mice are also usually cheaper than laser mice by $20-$30.

The point is that everyone should try one of the mice with flawless sensors (which I'll list below) and only move on to flawed sensor mice if:
NONE of the flawless sensor mice feel comfortable
They use more than 4000 DPI
They absolutely have to have more than 8 buttons on a mouse.

Logitech G400 - Discontinued
Logitech G400S - Different color G400 with a reinforced cable
Roccat Savu (non-interpolated DPI levels of 400, 800, 1600, and 4000)
Roccat Kone Pure Optical (non-interpolated DPI levels, don't recall the exact numbers)
Razer DeathAdder 2013 (But it's a Razer product, so it will probably break in 6 months, usually the
scroll wheel)
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition (Same as 3.5G but in rubber instead of plastic)
Razer DeathAdder 3.5G (See DeathAdder 2013)
Razer DeathAdder 3G (See DeathAdder 2013. Must use at 1800 DPI for perfect tracking)
Razer Abyssus - See DeathAdder 2013
Zowie FK
Zowie FM
Zowie ec1 eVo
Zowie ec2 eVo
Cooler Master Storm Spawn
---------The following three Microsoft mice have low-ish perfect control speeds---------
Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1a
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0
Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 1.1a
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#17thatfool12GsPosted 12/1/2013 8:12:25 PM
wildog2006 posted...
'flawed sensor'

I keep hearing this with nothing ever posted to back it up. Define 'flawed'. I use a g700s at home and work and have 0 latency issues, 0 tracking issues, 0 acceleration issues both wired and wireless. I used to use a Deathadder, which is claimed to have a great sensor. Doesn't feel any different than the g700s.

Lmao. I was trying tell these stuck up sensor scientists the other day, they can't resist the opportunity.

I'm in the exact scenario as you, going from a Deathadder to G700s. Great mouse for such a flawed sensor.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#18somebadlemonadePosted 12/1/2013 8:22:34 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
And most people who care about accuracy in FPS games play at low sensitivity so they can move the mouse normally for very accurate headshots etc., but have to make arm swings to do 180 degree turns and such. It's very noticeable to those people.

those people are so few and far between it doesn't matter, since they would already know about these mice, not everyone plays the same games or tries to play to the same levels of competitive gameplay

<_< and you should really use the word ideal, not flawless, flaws exist in everything, the other sensors in mice aren't ideal, doesn't make them unuseful or unusable to the average person, just to a set group who know who they are
---
AJ
#19Lonestar2000Posted 12/1/2013 9:20:13 PM
http://cdn.overclock.net/f/f2/f2bae16a_2WrJX.png
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335