This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about GOG.com

#1robert21Posted 11/27/2013 1:51:51 PM
When you buy older games, ultima 7 for instance, does it automatically come with DOSbox or do you have to download that separately to play it?
---
Sig? I don't need no stinkin' sig!
#2r0ge00Posted 11/27/2013 1:55:57 PM
Everything I've played so far is configured with a Dosbox launcher. Just download the files and play.
#3bobhome2Posted 11/27/2013 2:05:24 PM
It comes with DosBox pre-configured. You could change the config around a bit to make it run better, but it should run fine after installation anyway.
#4ChromaticAngelPosted 11/27/2013 2:36:18 PM
r0ge00 posted...
Everything I've played so far is configured with a Dosbox launcher. Just download the files and play.

some games don't use DosBox (probably for licensing reasons or something) and they typically run like crap. Double check the message board for the game, if it doesn't use DosBox, it's usually filled with people complaining that it doesn't use DosBox.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#5ggf162Posted 11/27/2013 2:40:41 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
r0ge00 posted...

some games don't use DosBox (probably for licensing reasons or something) and they typically run like crap. Double check the message board for the game, if it doesn't use DosBox, it's usually filled with people complaining that it doesn't use DosBox.

If it doesn't use Dosbox, it probably runs better with some other tool like ScummVM or it wasn't released on MS-DOS.

How on earth would there be licensing issues with an open-source program?
---
The Dude abides