This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best mouse for fps?

#41PraetorXynPosted 11/29/2013 1:32:19 AM
No.

The Avago sensor used by the G700S has 5% acceleration, that is an objective fact.
If you play with high sensitivity you won't notice because you never move the mouse far enough for acceleration to kick in.

The R.A.T. mice however, use Phillips Twin Eye sensors, like most of Razer's laser mice. Those sensors have acceleration, usually prediction, and have z-axis issues. They're objectively the worst laser sensors on the market.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#42ClouddxPosted 11/29/2013 2:34:22 AM(edited)
PraetorXyn posted...
No.

The Avago sensor used by the G700S has 5% acceleration, that is an objective fact.
If you play with high sensitivity you won't notice because you never move the mouse far enough for acceleration to kick in.

The R.A.T. mice however, use Phillips Twin Eye sensors, like most of Razer's laser mice. Those sensors have acceleration, usually prediction, and have z-axis issues. They're objectively the worst laser sensors on the market.

Thanks, I hate typing this stuff out every time; and then getting people who know nothing about the subject telling me I'm wrong. It's amazing.

thatfool12Gs posted...
Clouddx posted...
josh_b posted...
Surprised nobody has recommended the R.A.T. series mice. I have a R.A.T. 9 and by far the best mouse Ive used so far but I will say that the form factor takes a day or so to get used to. It's also just a great looking mouse period.

I got mine from Best Buy for 75 bucks when it was on sale.

Their sensor sucks, and therefore is not good for FPS gaming.

LMAO, dude STFU w/ your religious crusade to crap on everyone's mouse that isn't from your approved list.

You tried to spout off that same BS about the G700S and the Avago sensor in first person shooters, meanwhile it works perfectly in all of my games including shooters.

You can read into all the technical propaganda you want online, bottom line is most of these stats on paper are not noticeable to the end user anyway. It's pointless to come in here and argue over which mouse has been proven to be 3% more accurate during tests or whatever it may be, it's all opinion.

LMAO, dude you don't even know what you're talking about.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#43o0o Eclipse o0oPosted 11/29/2013 2:56:58 AM
the deathadder that came out in 2008. ok, bye. xoxoxo
---
"I can't be expected to buy all the games I want to play." -davv
NP: http://www.last.fm/user/KhomaniacRob
#44thatfool12GsPosted 11/29/2013 7:48:23 PM(edited)
Lol mouse sensor science elitists.

The best part is you recommending Deathadders, which since we're on the subject of proven facts, is one of most crappily put together products Razer offers, and that's just based my personal experience, and on feedback I've read here. I'd love to see the results of your research on Deathadder failure rates.

I'll be sure to keep these percentages in mind when I'm using said crappy mouse and having no issue whatsoever.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#45thatfool12GsPosted 11/29/2013 7:46:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#46LoshadtPosted 11/29/2013 7:48:49 PM
Razer products are good, but they are flimsy. I personally recommend Logitech G400 or G400s.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#47thatfool12GsPosted 11/29/2013 8:07:49 PM
Loshadt posted...
Razer products look good, but they are flimsy. I personally recommend Logitech G400 or G400s.

Fify.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#48Cobra152004Posted 11/29/2013 11:27:13 PM
Xeno_Predator posted...
Logitech G400S.

I agree, but just because I can't easily find the old MX518 that has served me well for years.
As others have recommended, check out different mice with "perfect" sensors.

Grip styles matter too, so look into those to help narrow your choice of mouse down:
http://www.razerzone.com/mouseguide/ergonomic