This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a pre-built computer...ugh

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a pre-built computer...ugh

User Info: KiwiATV

KiwiATV
3 years ago#1
So, my wife wants a new desktop computer. She's been using a gaming laptop I bought 5 years ago, which is showing it's age. She wants a new pre-built, but doesn't trust me to build one after my last PC from either ibuypower or cyperpower that suffered from a couple bad power supplies/RAM issues. She just wants it to work...but I want to hopefully get something that either has a decent graphics card, or allows me to put one in later. I MISS PC GAMING.

I've been out of the PC scene for 5+ years, and have no idea where technology's at. Does anyone know of any semi-decent deals and/or companies? I'd want to spend $500-$600 including a monitor, which I obviously know won't buy me Ultra-High graphics settings.

Any tips? Black friday deals?
COFFEE POT COFFEE POT

User Info: fire2box

fire2box
3 years ago#2
just build one.
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039

KiwiATV
3 years ago#3
Building one isn't an option, as I previously said, but thanks?

It isn't going to be primarily mine, so it's not my say. But if I'm buying a desktop, I'd like for it to at least have some room for an upgraded graphics card and/or CPU/RAM.
COFFEE POT COFFEE POT

User Info: Ha_D00D

Ha_D00D
3 years ago#4
That simply isn't enough money for a modern pre-built gaming PC. You could possibly scratch by building it, but you've already stated that isn't an option.
HAF 922 | i5 3570k@4.3ghz | Hyper 212 Evo | P8Z77-V LK | Sapphire 7970 DualX@1150/1600 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws | SeaSonic 620w | Mushkin120GB |AND I PLAY CONSOLES

KiwiATV
3 years ago#5
Well, like I said, even if it has integrated graphics with a PCIe 3.0 (if that's the newest slot) for potential upgrades, that works. I'm not expecting the greatest thing ever here, just something to springboard off of in this compromise of a situation.
COFFEE POT COFFEE POT

User Info: NinjaGuerra

NinjaGuerra
3 years ago#6
Really you are throwing money away not building one.
No game will ever come close to the fun I had playing Castlevania: HD.
PSN/Gamertag/LoL: NinjaGuerra

User Info: mikewu1

mikewu1
3 years ago#7
This is the wrong board to come to then. EVERYONE here will say build one because someone or thing that doesn't match their ideals they go nuts.

KiwiATV
3 years ago#8
I understand building one is the smart thing to do. I used to do it all the time. But angry women don't care about logical conclusions, just facebook and uploading pictures. Thought I might get some help, but oh well.
COFFEE POT COFFEE POT

User Info: mikewu1

mikewu1
3 years ago#9
Very vague on what you really want.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pavilion-desktop-8gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive/1682356.p?id=1219060353967&skuId=1682356&st=categoryid$pcmcat212600050008&cp=1&lp=1

Lets start there.

KiwiATV
3 years ago#10
Great, something along those lines sounds like it might be a good fit. Not looking for ludicrous graphics at 60+ FPS, just something that can actually play a new PC game without going to <30 FPS on low. Looks like it has a PCI-Express x16 slot for something I'd want to toss in later.

Thank you for some actual help. I feel so out of touch with the current hardware scene, and don't have as much time as I used to to do a ton of research.
COFFEE POT COFFEE POT
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a pre-built computer...ugh

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived