This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do all Tablets suck?

#1TheMKDestroyerPosted 11/28/2013 12:16:25 AM
Or is it just mine that is a piece of crap? It's a motorola Xoom that was given to me. The thing is sluggish all the freakn time even after doing a factory reset. Alot of times I gotta click a link MANY times just for it to work even though I cant see it getting highlighted like I'm pressing it. Pisses me off all the time.

Now youtube videos don't play at the specified time. They just start at the beginning but the same video I sent to friend starts at the specified time. He has a nexus. Also It won't just play the video as soon as I open the link. I gotta press on the video and then it always just starts at the beginning even though the link has a specific time for it to start. Anyone know how to fix this? Link works fine on my computer. Oh yeah and the browser will close down for no reason and erase all my tabs. God I hate this thing.
#2wassup3Posted 11/28/2013 12:35:15 AM
Have you tried the Surface Pro?
---
"I can drive my hummer through your loophole."-Arnold S.
"Guiliani says three things in a sentence: A noun, a verb, and 9/11"-Joe Biden
#3hk7111Posted 11/28/2013 12:38:11 AM
wassup3 posted...
Have you tried the Surface Pro?

I feel like that's cheating.
Its basically a laptop in a Tablets clothes. Though that's how more and more are looking, Which Tbh is a good thing because the more functionality the better.
---
Rainbow dash is Favorite pony, The rest are nice too.
Gamertag:RAlNB0W D4SH, Psn:Hk1777, Steam: Hk1777 (Tends to change a lot) 3ds FC: 2680 9258 2964
#4_Marka_Ragnos_Posted 11/28/2013 12:39:57 AM(edited)
iPad works phenomenally. I had a Nexus 10 and that was awful though so it does depend on which tablet you are using.

The surface pro, as previously mentioned, also works great but costs as much as a good laptop would (~twice as much as an iPad or any other tablet).

Edit: It also has a fan and significantly lower battery life than most tablets so I wouldn't really count it as a tablet.
---
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x
http://i.imgur.com/j8vZrBQ.jpg
#5wassup3Posted 11/28/2013 12:41:11 AM
"(~twice as much as an iPad or any other tablet)."

Um... twice?

Anyway, there's also a lot of Atom tablets around. I haven't tried them myself, but even an Atom blows most (if not all) ARM processor out of the water.
---
#6_Marka_Ragnos_Posted 11/28/2013 12:43:06 AM
wassup3 posted...
"(~twice as much as an iPad or any other tablet)."

Um... twice?

Anyway, there's also a lot of Atom tablets around. I haven't tried them myself, but even an Atom blows most (if not all) ARM processor out of the water.

Isn't it around $1000? That's about twice as much as an iPad or any other tablet I can think of. Unless I'm completely mistaken.
---
#7wassup3Posted 11/28/2013 12:45:23 AM
I think the starting was 900. The 1000 is probably with the keyboard and that's the Surface Pro 2. I'm pretty sure the first gen has gone down in price by now. Aren't the iPads going for 600?
---
#8DoramiPosted 11/28/2013 12:45:33 AM
Surface Pro 2 is 800 USD for the base model.

I haven't had any problem with my Nexus 7 since wiping the cache partition to solve a battery problem. Can't say I sympathize.
---
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha
#9_Marka_Ragnos_Posted 11/28/2013 12:48:59 AM
wassup3 posted...
I think the starting was 900. The 1000 is probably with the keyboard and that's the Surface Pro 2. I'm pretty sure the first gen has gone down in price by now. Aren't the iPads going for 600?

iPads start at $499. So maybe not quite the twice as much as I originally thought, but still. It's basically a laptop with the fan and decreased battery life. Definitely no slouch in performance though if you want a laptop that can also function as a tablet if need be. I personally would rather have the full tablet experience with an iPad and also have a laptop. Different strokes for different folks but all tablets definitely do not suck. The majority of android tablets do but there are many that do not.
---
#10cosmic_assasinPosted 11/28/2013 12:50:12 AM
the eVGA tegra note 7 looks smexy
---
Assassssssin