This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guys is the WD black worth the extra money compared to

#1HydroCannabinolPosted 11/28/2013 7:59:20 AM
this other Seagate?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136792

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148844

I really wanted the WD black because of the performance, but the Seagate is cheaper and has more space... the latency is even lower!! I'm only worried because the reviews are slightly worse but I don't think that even matters...

I just know that the WD black series is supposed to be solid and I'm worried the Seagate may crap out. Does anyone have an opinion on this? I will buy one of them today hopefully!

Thanks
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#2a_Wizards_BakerPosted 11/28/2013 8:03:37 AM
Yes.

In my experience WD is so much more reliable than Segate. Thought the price is cheaper, you certainly get what you pay for. I'd spend a little bit extra just for piece of mind.
#3HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 8:05:11 AM
a_Wizards_Baker posted...
Yes.

In my experience WD is so much more reliable than Segate. Thought the price is cheaper, you certainly get what you pay for. I'd spend a little bit extra just for piece of mind.

Hmm I was thinking this but the specs of the Seagate are just better across the board along with the price... it's a hard decision! Although, if the Seagate ever failed I would regret it.. hmm

any more opinions? THanks guys
---
#4urtvPosted 11/28/2013 8:13:19 AM
is the newer model of that wd worth the extra $50?
#5HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 8:18:23 AM
urtv posted...
is the newer model of that wd worth the extra $50?

What model? Post the link.
---
#6urtvPosted 11/28/2013 8:28:52 AM
it's in the wd link you posted.it says click here for the newer model
#7a_Wizards_BakerPosted 11/28/2013 8:31:01 AM
HydroCannabinol posted...
Yes.

Hmm I was thinking this but the specs of the Seagate are just better across the board along with the price... it's a hard decision! Although, if the Seagate ever failed I would regret it.. hmm

The 'Latency' between the two is negligible; the only other difference being the 1tb of space. The warranty alone (seagate offers a 2 year whereas the WD is 5) would sell me on the WD.
#8HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 8:37:06 AM
HydroCannabinol posted...
Yes.

The 'Latency' between the two is negligible; the only other difference being the 1tb of space. The warranty alone (seagate offers a 2 year whereas the WD is 5) would sell me on the WD.

Yeah the .1 MS doesn't mean anything but the WD didn't list reads and writes. But yeah it was mainly the extra TB of space for ten bucks cheaper that was making me second guess myself. I'ma go with the WD, thanks!
---
#9HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 8:39:53 AM
urtv posted...
it's in the wd link you posted.it says click here for the newer model

Ahh, yeah, that drive looks awesome. I'd say not worth the 50 because its only way more expensive due to the fact it's not on sale. Normally it'd be worth it because it's be about the same price.

The older model seems to feature the dual-core processing as well so but I'm not sure how much those things even affect performance. Either way, I think the 2tb for 109 looks great.
---