This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some good Mac laptops for gaming?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are some good Mac laptops for gaming?
2 years ago#1
need a good gaming laptop that is a mac. Not interested in desktop, or other brands.

anyone know of any good gaming macs that can handle demanding games in their best settings?
2 years ago#2
What you are asking for doesn't exist.

Why does it have to be a macbook? You're going to have to throw on Windows to play most games anyway. While macbooks are good laptops, most of the price isn't going into processing power.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
2 years ago#3
The Macbook Pros are about as good as you can get. Getting one with a dedicated graphics card (that still sucks in comparison) is even more overpriced. It's just not good to get a Macbook for gaming.

If you want the best of both worlds, get a Windows laptop, and google the rest. It's not all that reliable though.
2 years ago#4
Joke topic suspected. If you recommend Mac laptops as in plural, you've recommended both of them.
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
2 years ago#5
There's no such thing as a good gaming mac laptop especially since apple raised the prices even more.
You have to spend a minimum of $2600 to get the only mac with a dedicated gpu and it's only a measly 750m. An $800 laptop will blow every single macbook out of the water for gaming. You could max it out all the way spending near $5000 and the $800 laptop will still perform better.
2 years ago#6

'Average' is what you'll get at best, which would obviously be the $2000 dollar MacBook Pro; the one with a GPU for modelling and video editing and not gaming (Which you could say was present in the earlier models with the 650m)
2 years ago#7
My bad, there's a 750m one I didn't notice it, I thought the Iris was discrete. So that'll be $2500.
2 years ago#8
If you want to game, it's better to build one and install Hackintosh...
Currently Playing: GTA V, Battlefield 4, CoD: Ghosts
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are some good Mac laptops for gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived