This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition $5, 80% off on steam sale

#21BkongoPosted 11/28/2013 12:29:13 PM
Haha, this thread.

It's a good game though, well worth $6 ($5??)
#22Trance_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 12:31:00 PM(edited)
Moorish_Idol posted...
Trance_Fan posted...
KaiRyusaki posted...
$5? Is it cheaper where you live or something?


it's $5.99, pretty much $5

People like you are the exact reason they market prices with ".99"


you mean like those companies that promise products for less than $100 and then release it for $99.99, with walmart selling it for $99.89?
---
i think it's nice
#23ClouddxPosted 11/28/2013 12:32:06 PM
Quote:Moorish_Idol posted...
Trance_Fan posted...
KaiRyusaki posted...
$5? Is it cheaper where you live or something?


it's $5.99, pretty much $5

People like you are the exact reason they market prices with ".99"


you mean like those companies that promise products for less than $100 and then release it for $99, with walmart selling it for $99.89?

@Trance_Fan

If only you said for less than $6 it would have been fine.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#24Kevin_OSPosted 11/28/2013 12:36:03 PM
I already have it on PS3 since the day it came out and I still wanna buy it again. Its that good.
---
3570k / HD 7870 / GA-Z77X-D3H / 500R / 1TB HDD / 8GB DDR3 / TX 650
#25PaukenPosted 11/28/2013 6:40:33 PM
snkboi posted...
Pauken posted...
Sorry for not reading anything more than the OP's post, but I have to say this:

Unless there is a 100% guarantee that GFWL is removed/going to be removed from Dark Souls, even 5 bucks is too much given how GFWL titles will become utterly useless next summer. I'm pretty sure neither FROM Software nor Namco Bandai have said that will be the case, so I'd wait for DS2 or actual confirmation that DS1 isn't going poof along with GFWL next year,


it's going to get patched out..the game is a cult classic and is still bringing in money for namco


Source, or are you just assuming? Cause if there's no official confirmation, you're far better off holding onto that 6 dollars to put it towards Dark Souls 2. Already 10 percent of the way there, might as well save up for the remaining 90 percent.

If they have confirmed GFWL is getting patched out, though, then 6 bucks is a steal for Dark Souls. Myself I'd like to have confirmation that GFWL will be patched out of Dark Souls 1 before throwing even 10 cents at it.
#26xanthan1Posted 11/28/2013 6:42:27 PM
Pauken posted...
snkboi posted...
Pauken posted...
Sorry for not reading anything more than the OP's post, but I have to say this:

Unless there is a 100% guarantee that GFWL is removed/going to be removed from Dark Souls, even 5 bucks is too much given how GFWL titles will become utterly useless next summer. I'm pretty sure neither FROM Software nor Namco Bandai have said that will be the case, so I'd wait for DS2 or actual confirmation that DS1 isn't going poof along with GFWL next year,


it's going to get patched out..the game is a cult classic and is still bringing in money for namco


Source, or are you just assuming? Cause if there's no official confirmation, you're far better off holding onto that 6 dollars to put it towards Dark Souls 2. Already 10 percent of the way there, might as well save up for the remaining 90 percent.

If they have confirmed GFWL is getting patched out, though, then 6 bucks is a steal for Dark Souls. Myself I'd like to have confirmation that GFWL will be patched out of Dark Souls 1 before throwing even 10 cents at it.


Except the lost of GFWL will only disable the online parts of the game, the rest will be perfectly fine. What is it with people and thinking the game will just be made unplayable?
#27AnatomyHorrorPosted 11/28/2013 6:44:11 PM
Pauken posted...
snkboi posted...
Pauken posted...
Sorry for not reading anything more than the OP's post, but I have to say this:

Unless there is a 100% guarantee that GFWL is removed/going to be removed from Dark Souls, even 5 bucks is too much given how GFWL titles will become utterly useless next summer. I'm pretty sure neither FROM Software nor Namco Bandai have said that will be the case, so I'd wait for DS2 or actual confirmation that DS1 isn't going poof along with GFWL next year,


it's going to get patched out..the game is a cult classic and is still bringing in money for namco


Source, or are you just assuming? Cause if there's no official confirmation, you're far better off holding onto that 6 dollars to put it towards Dark Souls 2. Already 10 percent of the way there, might as well save up for the remaining 90 percent.

If they have confirmed GFWL is getting patched out, though, then 6 bucks is a steal for Dark Souls. Myself I'd like to have confirmation that GFWL will be patched out of Dark Souls 1 before throwing even 10 cents at it.


W/e $6 is nothing if you don't plan on playing the games for years and GFWL doesn't get patched out. Pay $6 get a good 10-100+ hours out of it and delete it or crack it.
#28PaukenPosted 11/28/2013 6:53:57 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Pauken posted...
snkboi posted...
Pauken posted...
Sorry for not reading anything more than the OP's post, but I have to say this:

Unless there is a 100% guarantee that GFWL is removed/going to be removed from Dark Souls, even 5 bucks is too much given how GFWL titles will become utterly useless next summer. I'm pretty sure neither FROM Software nor Namco Bandai have said that will be the case, so I'd wait for DS2 or actual confirmation that DS1 isn't going poof along with GFWL next year,


it's going to get patched out..the game is a cult classic and is still bringing in money for namco


Source, or are you just assuming? Cause if there's no official confirmation, you're far better off holding onto that 6 dollars to put it towards Dark Souls 2. Already 10 percent of the way there, might as well save up for the remaining 90 percent.

If they have confirmed GFWL is getting patched out, though, then 6 bucks is a steal for Dark Souls. Myself I'd like to have confirmation that GFWL will be patched out of Dark Souls 1 before throwing even 10 cents at it.


Except the lost of GFWL will only disable the online parts of the game, the rest will be perfectly fine. What is it with people and thinking the game will just be made unplayable?


Actually it will be unplayable. You can't start playing it until you authenticate with GFWL, so if you own a GFWL title and are installing on a new PC after July 2014, it'll get to the title screen and then spit out an error and kick your ass back to the desktop (or whatever the hell Windows 9 and up will use; since MS apparently hates the traditions of 95 and up, Windows 9 will likely use something even stupider like maybe 3D cubes everywhere). The game will be unplayable on any system that hasn't already authenticated their install of the game, which means even at 6 bucks it's a waste.

Again, is there a source to GFWL being removed from DS1, or is it just conjecture at this point?