This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking to buy a TV. 60hz or 120hz for 50 inch?

#11Whitemike20052(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 1:12:38 PM
Clouddx posted...
Quote:Clouddx posted...
I wouldn't go with a TV if you are using it as a computer monitor.

Why?
@Whitemike20052

Terrible input lag on most TVs, along with bad color reproduction and bad scaling.

Are you sure, i mean i dont mean to doubt but....

@Whitemike20052

I'm 100% sure

Ok cool. I wanted to get a Tv because the 50 in tv's are literally hundreds of dollars cheaper than a PC monitor of the same size.

Do you have experience with input lag? What exactly is it, like if i try to move up with a character, it goes a second or 2 later?
---
'Don't tell me to calm down. Don't EVER tell me to calm down! I'll shoot you 3 *** in the head and TAKE your damn farm!'
THE GAME
#12ClouddxPosted 11/28/2013 1:15:48 PM(edited)

Why?
@Whitemike20052

Terrible input lag on most TVs, along with bad color reproduction and bad scaling.

@Whitemike20052

I'm 100% sure

Ok cool. I wanted to get a Tv because the 50 in tv's are literally hundreds of dollars cheaper than a PC monitor of the same size.

Do you have experience with input lag? What exactly is it, like if i try to move up with a character, it goes a second or 2 later?

@Whitemike20052

Well, when I have my comp hooked up to my TV there is noticeable input lag, unlike my monitor.

I'll move my mouse and the cursor will be noticeably behind my movements.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#13steelix55Posted 11/28/2013 1:34:29 PM
Clouddx posted...

Why?
@Whitemike20052

@Whitemike20052

I'm 100% sure

@Whitemike20052

Well, when I have my comp hooked up to my TV there is noticeable input lag, unlike my monitor.

I've never had this issue. Most PC games I play with an Xbox 360 controller though. I treat my PC as if it was a console. Always hooked up to my 46 inch Sony HDTV. I've played a few FPS' like Borderlands 2 with mouse and keyboard on it and had no issues there either.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 780 || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#14ClouddxPosted 11/28/2013 1:37:56 PM

Why?
@Whitemike20052

@Whitemike20052

I'm 100% sure

@Whitemike20052

I've never had this issue. Most PC games I play with an Xbox 360 controller though. I treat my PC as if it was a console. Always hooked up to my 46 inch Sony HDTV. I've played a few FPS' like Borderlands 2 with mouse and keyboard on it and had no issues there either.

@steelix55

You may not notice it because you have nothing to compare it to, therefore you think you don't have input lag. More than likely you do.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#15steelix55Posted 11/28/2013 1:40:18 PM
Clouddx posted...

Why?
@Whitemike20052

@Whitemike20052

I'm 100% sure

@Whitemike20052

@steelix55

You may not notice it because you have nothing to compare it to, therefore you think you don't have input lag. More than likely you do.

It's not like I've never gamed on a PC monitor before.............. If there is input lag, it is so small that it doesn't bother me. I would take a small amount of input lag over sitting at my desk playing on a tiny screen all day. Just personal preference.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 780 || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#16WerdnAndreWPosted 11/28/2013 2:08:41 PM
Input lag for me is a lot less noticeable when using a controller.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q