This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Origin allows refunds for digital games. That's pretty cool.

#1AcquirePosted 11/28/2013 2:59:43 PM(edited)
Not all games, but it looks like all Origin DRM games (EA titles) seem to apply. I just bought NFS Rivals to check it out and returned it. Haha. Steam needs to do this at least for all steamworks games.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#2ThePCElitistPosted 11/28/2013 3:06:46 PM
Valve = Finished
---
I hate windows 8!
#3daemon_danPosted 11/28/2013 3:07:05 PM
How is EA sure you didn't back up the game files to crack them later? I'm not saying you did but I think that's one of the biggest reason Valve hasn't done this
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#4AsucaHayashiPosted 11/28/2013 3:07:27 PM
so how much will you get for returning humble bundle games >_>
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#5SinisterSlayPosted 11/28/2013 3:09:32 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
Valve = Finished

Also
AMD=Finished
Somehow... :D
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6BuburibonPosted 11/28/2013 3:14:12 PM
Duuude, NFSR is amazing... it's like "NFSHP 2010 on steroids." Specially now running at 60fps with supersampling.

It's great that they let you return it, though. ;-)
---
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB 2133Mhz | GTX Titan @ 1136Mhz
#7CourtofOwlsPosted 11/28/2013 3:17:09 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
so how much will you get for returning humble bundle games >_>

it's either nothing or you'd have to return the whole thing and get $6
---
[?]
Boycott Best Buy!
#8arrseeteePosted 11/28/2013 3:23:39 PM
Acquire posted...
Steam needs to do this at least for all steamworks games.
Well technically, on the lowdown, they already allow people to get a refund on a digital game only once and if the game is uninstalled and unplayed. It's just not really advertised, and people are forced to contact support claiming something along the lines of buying the game as a mistake. Valve is really just currently at a position where they don't need to openly allow refunds.
---
Posting from phone. So Police, don't whine about minor mistakes.
#9DerPancakePosted 11/28/2013 3:33:03 PM
daemon_dan posted...
How is EA sure you didn't back up the game files to crack them later? I'm not saying you did but I think that's one of the biggest reason Valve hasn't done this

Because EA trusts you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#10kingoffpsPosted 11/28/2013 3:35:42 PM
DerPancake posted...
daemon_dan posted...

Because EA trusts you.

Because it wouldn't really affect them at all? Playing the game illegally via the original game files (which you no longer have the right to) with a crack is functionally no different from just torrenting the game anyway.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...