This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free 2 play MP shooters.

#1Edavy89Posted 11/28/2013 3:28:36 PM
Just figured I'd hop in and see if anyone had any suggestions. As far as exactly what I'm looking for is concerned, it's a pretty general base-line.

Fast-paced: I don't mind if it's both tactical AND fast paced, but a lot of the more tactical games, while fun, are just too slow paced for me.

Performance: i haven't played a f2p PC shooter in quite a while, the last one i tried was.. Arctic combat or something like that, and it was okay, but the server lag was incredibly hit and miss. Sometimes it ran smoothly, but usually it was just so much of a laggy mess that it killed everything else for me. performance doesn't have to be perfect, just overall good.

Fairly sharp visuals: it doesn't have to be some magical FPS work of art, but I have more fun playing good looking games. I don't have an issue with the cartoony look, so if it falls under that category it's fine, but I tend to prefer the more realistic look (even if not in a realistic setting)

Solid player base: This one is pretty big, I'd rather not wait for ever for the game to find a match.

I'm not looking for a co-op game per-say, it's fun having game modes with players Vs. Bot's time to time, as long as the game is PvP-centric.

I guess I lied earlier, I did try picking up planet side 2 probably 6-8 months ago, and the scale was pretty neat, but i think i prefer match based systems with clear cut rounds. I didn't give it a huge shot though, felt like I was spending more time trying to figure out what to do and where to go than shooting people which kind of turned me off.

Oh and as a personal note if it has any impact on peoples suggestions, while I enjoy the occasional game of TDM, I prefer objective based game modes. Anyway, I'd love any suggestions people could make.

only game I'm currently playing that might fall under that category would be hawken.
And I know i'm not a big fan of gotham city imposters already.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#2N_T_S_CPosted 11/28/2013 3:31:16 PM
You get what you pay for.
---
ntsc
#3Cool_Dude667Posted 11/28/2013 3:32:30 PM
Natural Selection 2, its on sale for 75% off IIRC
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#4ClouddxPosted 11/28/2013 3:34:47 PM
Quake Live
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#5thedeadman568Posted 11/28/2013 3:38:27 PM
Blacklight Retribution is pretty fun. Though it can be kinda play to win.
---
do what a man would and show of your manhood
#6DerPancakePosted 11/28/2013 3:41:17 PM
Team Fortress 2?
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#7Delta_F14Posted 11/28/2013 3:43:39 PM
DerPancake posted...
Team Fortress 2?

---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#8KabtheMentatPosted 11/28/2013 3:47:53 PM
The best F2P shooters are probably Planetside 2 and Blacklight.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#9biohazard1775Posted 11/28/2013 3:51:32 PM
Planetside 2 and Warframe.
---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!
#10Pen9erSPosted 11/28/2013 4:02:17 PM
Team fortress 2
Blacklight
Quake Live