This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dues Ex requires me to use F12 to turn on light. F12 turns on and off internet.

#21ClouddxPosted 11/28/2013 10:06:20 PM(edited)
JKatarn posted...
Clouddx posted...
Quote:arleas posted...
one of the perks of being a console gamer

is not being able to modify your controls to your liking?

Knowing that when you buy the game, it'll work on the console, that the controls are already working fine on the controller bad, knowing that it will work with no problem when you put it in, etc.

I'm getting into PC games now. I'm just still getting accustomed to these things. The first game I bought off steam was Tomb Raider III, and I had to go to this board to find out why it wouldn't play.

@Zora_Prince

Well at least you can get games from years ago to work, unlike with the consoles non-existent backwards compatibility.

That's not necessarily true 2005+ sure, but earlier games, and certainly say 99/2000 and earlier games often require some minor workarounds/compatibility mode to work, and games with 16-bit installers/16-bit executables will not work on a modern 64-bit version of Windows requiring the user to use a VM setup.

You know all this, yet you don't know how to modify controlls? >_>

Idk man I still play DOS games, and also System Shock 2 is way older than 2005 and works fine. Even the game you're playing right now is older than 2005.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#22The cranky hermitPosted 11/28/2013 10:27:50 PM
That's not necessarily true 2005+ sure, but earlier games, and certainly say 99/2000 and earlier games often require some minor workarounds/compatibility mode to work, and games with 16-bit installers/16-bit executables will not work on a modern 64-bit version of Windows requiring the user to use a VM setup.

Minor workarounds are vastly preferable to no backwards compatibility at all, and I think there are very few 16-bit Windows games worth bothering with (plus you can use DOSBox with those games by now).

In other words, the point you tried to refute IS necessarily true.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
#23kobalobasileusPosted 11/28/2013 11:25:50 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
juscallmeehx posted...
You wouldn't happen to have been a console gamer, were you?

Remapping our keys is one of the basis of PC gaming.

That was one of the perks of being a console gamer. Never having to worry about this.

If you're a console gamer and are playing Deus Ex on your PC, why are you not using an Xbox360 controller?

(Ignore this question if you are indeed playing the original Deus Ex and not Human Revolution.)