This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for gaming laptop on $1200 budget

#1WondrousRumblePosted 11/28/2013 6:55:20 PM
Hey, I've been wanting to get into pc gaming for a while but I don't know where to start. I am in dire need for a laptop for university, but I want a laptop that I can play games like Skyrim fallout minecraft and others at a above average quality.

The first thing is it needs to be able to last me through 4 years of university.

I've been looking around online and I can't really come to a conclusion because I'm unaware of what a good graphics card and the specs of things compared to others. I know 8 ram is kinda necessary and decent memory is a must.

I don't want a massive brick but weight isn't too much of an issue either.

I'm trying not to be picky, but I hope I have kind of narrowed things down enough to get a more experienced opinion here. If someone could point me in the right direction or show me some good deals that would be greatly appreciated!
---
Hey I'm Grump
#2ATARIJAWAPosted 11/28/2013 7:17:55 PM
WondrousRumble posted...
Hey, I've been wanting to get into pc gaming for a while but I don't know where to start. I am in dire need for a laptop for university, but I want a laptop that I can play games like Skyrim fallout minecraft and others at a above average quality.

The first thing is it needs to be able to last me through 4 years of university.

I've been looking around online and I can't really come to a conclusion because I'm unaware of what a good graphics card and the specs of things compared to others. I know 8 ram is kinda necessary and decent memory is a must.

I'm trying not to be picky, but I hope I have kind of narrowed things down enough to get a more experienced opinion here. If someone could point me in the right direction or show me some good deals that would be greatly appreciated!

Up your budget 3 or four hundred bucks and you'll get what you want.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#3WondrousRumble(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 7:22:23 PM
Is there anything specific that would cause the increase in price? When I say above average quality I more so mean that I want to play things on medium settings and run smoothly if that was confusing or not I don't know

If that's still out of my budget could you point me in the direction of my budget?
---
Hey I'm Grump
#4SilentHawk29Posted 11/28/2013 7:23:34 PM
Sager NP9150
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#5sonleeboyPosted 11/28/2013 8:00:30 PM
I know some people will probably yell at me, but Alienware does make nice gaming laptops that are affordable if you have the money lying around.
---
PC specs: CPU: i7-3770k 3.4 GHz I RAM: 16 GB I Video Card: GTX 660 1.5 GB I ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 I Part of the 500 topic club! http://i.imgur.com/AopUtI3.gif
#6AstardesPosted 11/28/2013 8:12:32 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
WondrousRumble posted...

Up your budget 3 or four hundred bucks and you'll get what you want.

It might be hard to believe but there are gaming laptops that fit his needs for under 1500 dollars
---
"I've been dominating this franchise for over a decade"
-EvalAngell on Call of Duty, back in 2011
#7WondrousRumble(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2013 8:36:04 PM
Could you point me in the right direction of where to look or what some of them might be?
---
Hey I'm Grump
#8Fade2black001Posted 11/28/2013 8:53:36 PM
WondrousRumble posted...
Could you point me in the right direction of where to look or what some of them might be?

You can check out this site.

www.xoticpc.com
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#9crazyray47Posted 11/28/2013 8:59:24 PM
I play skyrim pretty nice on my alienware laptop, its starts at 1000 right now with black friday going on.
#10Jackel402Posted 11/28/2013 9:06:13 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313584
---
../|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_ He watches while you sleep
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,jttcdbocomjalwyv