This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for gaming laptop on $1200 budget

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for gaming laptop on $1200 budget

User Info: WondrousRumble

WondrousRumble
3 years ago#1
Hey, I've been wanting to get into pc gaming for a while but I don't know where to start. I am in dire need for a laptop for university, but I want a laptop that I can play games like Skyrim fallout minecraft and others at a above average quality.

The first thing is it needs to be able to last me through 4 years of university.

I've been looking around online and I can't really come to a conclusion because I'm unaware of what a good graphics card and the specs of things compared to others. I know 8 ram is kinda necessary and decent memory is a must.

I don't want a massive brick but weight isn't too much of an issue either.

I'm trying not to be picky, but I hope I have kind of narrowed things down enough to get a more experienced opinion here. If someone could point me in the right direction or show me some good deals that would be greatly appreciated!
Hey I'm Grump

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 years ago#2
WondrousRumble posted...
Hey, I've been wanting to get into pc gaming for a while but I don't know where to start. I am in dire need for a laptop for university, but I want a laptop that I can play games like Skyrim fallout minecraft and others at a above average quality.

The first thing is it needs to be able to last me through 4 years of university.

I've been looking around online and I can't really come to a conclusion because I'm unaware of what a good graphics card and the specs of things compared to others. I know 8 ram is kinda necessary and decent memory is a must.

I'm trying not to be picky, but I hope I have kind of narrowed things down enough to get a more experienced opinion here. If someone could point me in the right direction or show me some good deals that would be greatly appreciated!

Up your budget 3 or four hundred bucks and you'll get what you want.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105

WondrousRumble
3 years ago#3
Is there anything specific that would cause the increase in price? When I say above average quality I more so mean that I want to play things on medium settings and run smoothly if that was confusing or not I don't know

If that's still out of my budget could you point me in the direction of my budget?
Hey I'm Grump

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
3 years ago#4
Sager NP9150
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg

User Info: sonleeboy

sonleeboy
3 years ago#5
I know some people will probably yell at me, but Alienware does make nice gaming laptops that are affordable if you have the money lying around.
PC specs: CPU: i7-3770k 3.4 GHz I RAM: 16 GB I Video Card: GTX 660 1.5 GB I ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 I Part of the 500 topic club! http://i.imgur.com/AopUtI3.gif

User Info: Astardes

Astardes
3 years ago#6
ATARIJAWA posted...
WondrousRumble posted...

Up your budget 3 or four hundred bucks and you'll get what you want.

It might be hard to believe but there are gaming laptops that fit his needs for under 1500 dollars
"I've been dominating this franchise for over a decade"
-EvalAngell on Call of Duty, back in 2011

WondrousRumble
3 years ago#7
Could you point me in the right direction of where to look or what some of them might be?
Hey I'm Grump

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 years ago#8
WondrousRumble posted...
Could you point me in the right direction of where to look or what some of them might be?

You can check out this site.

www.xoticpc.com
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.

User Info: crazyray47

crazyray47
3 years ago#9
I play skyrim pretty nice on my alienware laptop, its starts at 1000 right now with black friday going on.

User Info: Jackel402

Jackel402
3 years ago#10
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313584
../|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_ He watches while you sleep
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,jttcdbocomjalwyv
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for gaming laptop on $1200 budget

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived