This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft Surface(original) worth $199?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Microsoft Surface(original) worth $199?

User Info: SnoicFactor

SnoicFactor
3 years ago#1
on sale at MS store. No touch cover.

http://holiday.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/html/pbPage.PDPS/productID.286870700?Icid=Homepage_WhatsNew_1_SurfaceRT_BF_112713

Is it better than galaxy tab or the new kindle fires? or even the new ipad?
nt

User Info: Bazooka_Penguin

Bazooka_Penguin
3 years ago#2
The first line of Surface products were mediocre. I honestly doubt even the Surface 2 is worth it, though the Pro 2 may be good.
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif

User Info: I_Am_On_Fire

I_Am_On_Fire
3 years ago#3
My cousin really likes his surface. I'd personally be interested at $199, and would likely pick one up were I in the market, but it may not be the best of deals objectively.
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 8x64

User Info: Stejpan

Stejpan
3 years ago#4
Surface RT is great if you don't mind the lack of compatibility with desktop apps (It uses an Arm cpu instead of x86).
Take a long look at Manderley's dead body. consider that my resignation; I don't have time to write a letter. - J C Denton

User Info: doctoglethorpe

doctoglethorpe
3 years ago#5
Hah. Windows RT is great if you've ever thought to yourself "Windows 8 is nice and all but I wish they would get rid of all the stuff that makes it better then iOS."

My answer is no on the Surface. Its a great piece of hardware but the software is garbage. I would rather have a dinky plastic Android tablet, which I do.

Now if the regular surface had a full stable Windows 8 running on it that would be a completely different story. Its just RT that sucks.

User Info: SUPER3METROIDX

SUPER3METROIDX
3 years ago#6
I'd say just get a nexus 7 or kindle. OG Surface lagged pretty bad on that tegra 3 and there's still essentially no apps so you're pretty much left with a bulky internet explorer machine with subpar battery life.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Microsoft Surface(original) worth $199?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived