This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone prefer a console over pc?

#101StealthlysPosted 11/29/2013 6:17:00 PM
Nice bait. Notice tcs post count and him bailing after posting the topic?

Active Messages Posted 3
#102kobalobasileusPosted 11/29/2013 6:31:02 PM
temgun posted...
Tucker_BA posted...
Console gaming was alright for me until the PS3/360/Wii era where everything fell apart to gimmicks, nickle and diming customers, developers trying to go for a more "cinematic" experience thus harming gameplay and the continuing trend of console graphics lagging behind the PC.

Handhelds are still cool, though.

I actually agree. I would still count the Wii out of the PS360 gen in terms of the bs they brought. I love the Wii. It's like another PS2 era to me. No half-assed games needing a day 0 patch to even function, no DLC or anything like that. Just pure offline gaming goodness. The Wii has an amazing library of amazingly obscure games and great JRPGs alike too. From PS360 forward, it's just a PC with everything worse.

Amen to that. I only came back to PC gaming because Steam and GOG made it less painful than what the PS3 and X360 did to consoles.
#103hyjinx17Posted 11/29/2013 6:35:03 PM
90% of the time I don't care. 720 or 1080p don't matter to me at all and I barely notice a difference between 30 and 60 fps.

There are 2 instances where I prefer PC though. 1 is in shooters. After using a Keyboard+Mouse, I can't go back to aiming with a joy stick. The other instance is with games with healthy modding communities like Fallout and Elder Scrolls.
---
FC 3883-5502-4640. PM if you add me
#104Black-IszPosted 11/29/2013 6:41:07 PM
PC Master Race because there are no hentai games on consoles. (In the USA, anyway.)
#105EGMRULZPosted 11/29/2013 6:46:41 PM
Nah not really. But I do game on consoles once in a while for the exclusives they have. The PC is king and takes up all of my time pretty much.
---
PC & Consoles > Everything
#106JrTapia1991Posted 11/29/2013 8:42:03 PM
I like both. My pc pretty much paid for itself with allllll the cheap game sales the past year....although I do love to just sit back and chill on xbox with a controller and play a game...trying to play an FPS on pc online with a controller will get you obliterated, but I do pretty good on console with a controller due to the aim assist which would be gone in the pc version( bf3 for example)

paying for the online service for xbox and now ps4 is a joke though...I love how the online is free on pc. And you can upgrade whatever you want and fix whatever part. I would never go back to a computer without an SSD now, stuff loads instantly

have a 3ds which I keep hearing has alot of cool games but I haven't played it much at all....I don't game as much as I used to, kinda got burned out. Mostly stick to Battlefield now, and RPGs
---
"Human history is a litany of blood, shed over ideals of rulership and afterlife."-Legion
#107JavelinPosted 11/29/2013 9:03:52 PM
dATerXies posted...
Anyone prefer a console over pc?

Yes: children and stupid adults.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#108arleasPosted 11/29/2013 9:05:23 PM

Active Messages Posted 3

You don't even have to look at that. 90% of the troll topics on this board have "Console" somewhere in the title (or the name of a specific console).
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/KDYNR.jpg
#109DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/29/2013 9:14:14 PM
Stealthlys posted...

Active Messages Posted 3

Funny thing is; try posting "Anyone prefer a PC over console?" on PS4H or XB1H, it will be deleted in minutes.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#110JonWood007Posted 11/29/2013 11:34:23 PM
So the only reason you play games is the graphics? =P

Not exactly, but it does hurt the immersion when you're stuck at 720p with no AA. I mean, come on, we're capable of better.

Erm no.
I'm playing games, not hardware. Is there jrpgs on PC? No. Is there any Sony only games (Uncharted, Heavy Rain The Last of Us)? No and there won't be any.

And why is that? is it because those games can't be made on PC? Or because they won't?

Honestly, I guess that's the only selling point consoles have anymore. Hey, we're not gonna port this game to PC so you buy this crappy hardware instead! I consider that playing dirty quite frankly.

Also, I don't care about JRPGs at all. I find them boring as heck, with the on rails game play and all. I don't care about the last of us. Zombie games are so overdone anyway. Or heavy rain. Or GTA 5. if it doesn't come to PC at this point, it's a no buy.

As for sony games...we have planetside 2...that's exclusive until it comes out on PS4. We have tribes ascend. We have pretty much the whole indie genre. It's not like PC is lacking games, or exclusives. Heck, let's be honest, on PC I can play ANY game from any point of time, given it's backward compatible, and even if it's not, there's stuff like dosbox and all. On consoles...not so much.

And let's talk about the console experience nowadays. I can't even fathom WANTING to play a game on console any more. I mean, I get the game, and I'm seriously locked at 720? I have no AA? Oh gosh, why is my framerate dipping so bad...lemme lower the settings, oh wait, i can't, because it's a console. Ok, single player's ok, let's try multiplayer...oh wait, I need to pay for that, don't I? Well that's freaking stupid. And why am I playing an FPS on a controller to begin with?

Seriously, there's a reason i got bored with 360 and became PC gamer to begin with, and to be honest, the big thing thatpushed me to pc was xbox live. As some of you guys know on this board, I'm a really cheap person. And honestly, I'm OFFENDED at the idea of having to pay a company for the privilege to play their game online. As Maddox said in his video about E3 earlier this year, thanks, but I already pay to play games online, it's called my internet bill.

After realizing literally 90% of the games i care about are on PC anyway, I seriously switched and havent looked back. And really, I did that. I looked at my 360 library, what games i bought, what games i wanted, and aside from halo, gears of war, and the odd game here and there, i mostly just played multiplats. Doom 3? On PC. Quake 4? PC. Fallout 3? PC. Mass Effect? PC. Call of Duty? PC. Quite frankly, about 80% of the games im interested in are FPS of some kind and they're way better on PC anyway.

So really, what reason do I have to buy a console? I buy inferior hardware to play the occasional game that's interesting yet dumbed down due to outdated graphics, and no online unless i pay the console manufacturer even more money? No thanks. Quite frankly, the whole console business model is so unattractive i dont care what games are "good" on it, because they end up ruining them on me anyway, either through business practices or from just being on outdated hardware.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768