This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC is "Far Superior" For Gaming, Says Nvidia.

#31juscallmeehxPosted 11/30/2013 1:43:54 PM
SmudgieMuffins posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
I've never understood this either. The PC crowd claims that they're the only "true" gamers in the industry, and dismiss console gamers as "lowly peasants"...

That has been and always will be a joke. The term was coined by someone who was primarily a console gamer.

Yahtzee is a console gamer. He used it to mock the attitudes of PC gamers to consolers. Then PC gamers adopted it as their own.

PC Master Race has become Poe's Law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law
---
PSN, XBL & Steam: juscallmeehx
i5-4670k CPU @ 3.7GHz OC | 2x8GB RAM | Evga GTX 560 ti | 2x128GB SSD & 1TB HD
#32StealthlysPosted 11/30/2013 1:48:06 PM
PC companies: Of course pcs are better

console companies:Our latest gen console can run just like top shelf pcs if not better.
#33ArthasRebornPosted 11/30/2013 1:54:56 PM(edited)
TehPwnzerer posted...
I've never understood this either. The PC crowd claims that they're the only "true" gamers in the industry, and dismiss console gamers as "lowly peasants"

It's mostly just reappropriation of the term. All PC gamers in the past were seen as heavily elitist with a superiority complex, so Yahtzee just referred to them as the "glorious PC master race". There became a stigma associated with anyone who gamed on a PC, regardless of whether or not they were actually being insufferable dicks about it.

As a result, it turned into a joke, poking fun at PC gamers themselves. It's like the word "nerd". Nobody wanted to be called one and being a nerd was a death sentence for your social life. Eventually, it got reclaimed by people who would be classified as a nerd and eventually started wearing it as a badge of honour. Very few people actually are serious when they use "PC master race", and those are the ones you wouldn't exactly want to associate with anyway.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg
#34ggf162Posted 11/30/2013 2:01:17 PM
juscallmeehx posted...
PCGamer got it right:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/11/29/nvidia-man-says-pcs-are-superior-to-any-console-for-gaming-earth-continues-to-orbit-sun/

In other news, the sky is blue.

nVidia man

I lost it, no f***ing clue why,
---
The Dude abides
#35JKatarnPosted 11/30/2013 7:27:21 PM(edited)
Raven2827 posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
Fulvip posted...
Except when PC doesn't have the game you want.

-needs xbox 360 to play witcher 2, state of decay
-needs ps3 to play FF14
-will need an xbone to play titanfall(or the gimped version for 360)
-needs ps4 to play planetside 2
-needs wii u to play scribblenauts unlimited

So why not both

the current non-handheld console industry is just sad and if you already own a PC which easily has like 2/3 of everything including its own games, investing in consoles(plural) is a huge expense with incredible diminishing returns.

I agree completely. Though i want to play kingdom hearts and Final fantasy i'll wait for them to be released, and then wait some more and then get them. THey'll be released within 3 years maybe, but the longer the better as the console prices will lower and lower and more games will come out.

Games looking forward to are titan fall, on PC, thief, dying light, etc. etc.

Yep, I didn't get my 360/PS3 until just a few years ago, and then could take advantage of less expensive used copies of the older exclusives I'd missed out on. If a game is worth playing, it will be worth playing 1-3 years or more down the road, and if it isn't, chances are it wasn't that great to begin with.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#36JKatarnPosted 11/30/2013 7:29:16 PM
TehPwnzerer posted...
MisterSpliff posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
Fulvip posted...
Except when PC doesn't have the game you want.

-needs xbox 360 to play witcher 2, state of decay
-needs ps3 to play FF14
-will need an xbone to play titanfall(or the gimped version for 360)
-needs ps4 to play planetside 2
-needs wii u to play scribblenauts unlimited

So why not both

the current non-handheld console industry is just sad and if you already own a PC which easily has like 2/3 of everything including its own games, investing in consoles(plural) is a huge expense with incredible diminishing returns.

My PS3 is currently just a box for Fighting games. Occasional weeaboo game / other exclusives. That is enough for me to be glad to have it. I'll be glad to have Wii U and PS4 later on as well. Diminishing returns hold little merit to those truly interested in exclusive games.

I've never understood this either. The PC crowd claims that they're the only "true" gamers in the industry, and dismiss console gamers as "lowly peasants", but anyone who will forfeit the amazing exclusives on a console that they can't get on their "superior platform" just because they would have to swallow their pride and buy a console to play them, cannot be called a "true gamer" in any sense of the word.

There are some good exclusives on the consoles IMO, but you have to realize that's entirely subjective, and it's possible that more than a few people could have their gaming needs served just fine by the PC alone - there's no lack of diversity in the PC library (save the odd desirable exclusive, but chances are there are at least 2/3 games "like that" on the PC at the time anyway).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#37JKatarnPosted 11/30/2013 7:34:06 PM(edited)
ArthasReborn posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
I've never understood this either. The PC crowd claims that they're the only "true" gamers in the industry, and dismiss console gamers as "lowly peasants"

It's mostly just reappropriation of the term. All PC gamers in the past were seen as heavily elitist with a superiority complex, so Yahtzee just referred to them as the "glorious PC master race". There became a stigma associated with anyone who gamed on a PC, regardless of whether or not they were actually being insufferable dicks about it.

As a result, it turned into a joke, poking fun at PC gamers themselves. It's like the word "nerd". Nobody wanted to be called one and being a nerd was a death sentence for your social life. Eventually, it got reclaimed by people who would be classified as a nerd and eventually started wearing it as a badge of honour. Very few people actually are serious when they use "PC master race", and those are the ones you wouldn't exactly want to associate with anyway.

Well, at the dawn of computing/PC gaming, from the late 70's to the late 80's/early 90's, the PC/console games markets were largely divergent. There were a few console/arcade style games on the PC at the time but due to PCs being more expensive, and not having the dedicated sprite/scrolling etc. capability game consoles of the time did, earlier PC games tended to be somewhat slower and more complex, catering to a more sophisticated audience. The main genres at the time were text adventures, turn-based strategy games (hex/civ style games), management games, RPGs and detailed simulations. PC gaming leans much more toward the mainstream market these days.
---
#38bsballa09Posted 11/30/2013 8:36:15 PM(edited)
ArthasReborn posted...
Don't the consoles use AMD GPUs?

This. If the consoles used Nvidia, then AMD would say PCs are far superior. But arrogant PC only owners will hail this as a victory when it's nothing more than a marketing ploy.
---
If it wasn't for balla spouting bs over the years my post count would be way lower. It's not that serious - supergamerbret