This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got a bunch of steam cash. Recomend me some games :D

#21arleasPosted 11/30/2013 9:18:47 AM
Is civilization 5 good without the expansions?

I didn't like it much (I prefer Civ 4)...The expansions help fix some of what was wrong with the game.
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png
#22locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 9:21:28 AM
arleas posted...

I didn't like it much (I prefer Civ 4)...The expansions help fix some of what was wrong with the game.

Got it. Whats dont starve like?
#23TowerBooks3192Posted 11/30/2013 9:21:37 AM
arleas posted...

In response to locky, depends on your preference as I have to admit that Civ IV really has something I could not explain that I haven't found on Civ V.

Other than that, I have to say that vanilla may be tolerable but GnK and BNW would make it so epic.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#24TowerBooks3192Posted 11/30/2013 9:25:24 AM
locky723 posted...
arleas posted...

Got it. Whats dont starve like?

Personally, don't starve is alright however I kind of find it too brutal for my taste and I kind of feel the stuff I craft and things I build to be not as rewarding or as significant as what I build/craft in minecraft and terraria. Its an interesting game nonetheless but as I have said, I just don't see the rewards of the brutal pain that I am undergoing in that game.
---
#25locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 9:26:01 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
arleas posted...

In response to locky, depends on your preference as I have to admit that Civ IV really has something I could not explain that I haven't found on Civ V.

Other than that, I have to say that vanilla may be tolerable but GnK and BNW would make it so epic.

Hmm... I think ill wait on civ 5 and get it when i hav more money to get the expansions too. Any of you guys played sins of a solar empire, endless space or anno 2070? They seem intresting.
#26TowerBooks3192Posted 11/30/2013 9:31:51 AM
locky723 posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...
arleas posted...

Hmm... I think ill wait on civ 5 and get it when i hav more money to get the expansions too. Any of you guys played sins of a solar empire, endless space or anno 2070? They seem intresting.

Sins rebellion: great RTS that as far as I reckon does not require reflexes needed to win like in starcraft (could be more strategic but reflexes would greatly help)

Endless Space: Good game but feels too shallow for someone who plays CK2/EUIV and so shallow compared to distant worlds (best space 4x IMHO minus the scary price tag). The games just didn't hit the sweet spot of being complex and simple at the same time (like master of orion 2 or Civ V)

Anno 2070: As an Anno game, a great one ruined but Ubi's requirement to be always online in order to enjoy features that could have been in an offline game such as ark upgrades and using your ark. I would personally prefer 1404 just because of the setting but as an Anno game, its great (except for the parts I mentioned above)
---
#27locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 9:36:52 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
locky723 posted...
TowerBooks3192 posted...
arleas posted...

Sins rebellion: great RTS that as far as I reckon does not require reflexes needed to win like in starcraft (could be more strategic but reflexes would greatly help)

Endless Space: Good game but feels too shallow for someone who plays CK2/EUIV and so shallow compared to distant worlds (best space 4x IMHO minus the scary price tag). The games just didn't hit the sweet spot of being complex and simple at the same time (like master of orion 2 or Civ V)

Anno 2070: As an Anno game, a great one ruined but Ubi's requirement to be always online in order to enjoy features that could have been in an offline game such as ark upgrades and using your ark. I would personally prefer 1404 just because of the setting but as an Anno game, its great (except for the parts I mentioned above)

As someone whos basically never played a strategy game or RTS, and s getting starcraft 2 for christmas, woulld you recomend sins of a solar empire? Also, have you/anyone played starforge alpha? (i spend a LOT of time figuringout what game to play :p)
#28arleasPosted 11/30/2013 9:37:15 AM
Personally, don't starve is alright however I kind of find it too brutal

You can edit the starting world to your liking so you can find plenty of resources everywhere if it's too hard... I personally like that it's not easy since that gives me a challenge....not like survival in Minecraft where it's as simple as digging a hole in a wall and blocking up the entrance at night and occasionally punching a pig or a chicken to get food.

It was on sale recently for just over $5... if it's not on sale right now you can probably find it again on the christmas sale...

anno 2070

I've played an earlier game in the anno series.. I've GOT anno 2070 but I just never started it up. Anno 1404(aka Dawn of Discovery) was a medieval style world building game where you managed the economy and trade as well as building homes, choosing how many/which citizens to allow to rise up the social ladder. etc...

I'm sure anno 2070 isn't that much different (other than the more modern time period).

Unfortunately you can't get Dawn of Discovery on Steam anymore...
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png
#29TowerBooks3192Posted 11/30/2013 9:45:41 AM
I personally play only pausable/realtime or TBS, you can ask me anything in relation to those genre and I will see what I will know and let you know my opinion.

I would personally recommend Sins Rebellion to a person who is not really good at RTS as it does not require as much speed as Starcraft. Its more strategic and ship engagements is not about micromanaging your units to move to a spot or fire and run but its more strategic like engage here or use ability at this moment or retreat. Its really a great game but I personally avoid non-pausable real-time strategy as I prefer to have control over when I would like to move and think. Its the only reason why I gave Distant Worlds, CK2 and EUIV a chance.
---
#30locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 9:50:47 AM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
I personally play only pausable/realtime or TBS, you can ask me anything in relation to those genre and I will see what I will know and let you know my opinion.

I would personally recommend Sins Rebellion to a person who is not really good at RTS as it does not require as much speed as Starcraft. Its more strategic and ship engagements is not about micromanaging your units to move to a spot or fire and run but its more strategic like engage here or use ability at this moment or retreat. Its really a great game but I personally avoid non-pausable real-time strategy as I prefer to have control over when I would like to move and think. Its the only reason why I gave Distant Worlds, CK2 and EUIV a chance.

So... Would you say i shouldn't get starcraft and Sins?