This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that have good concepts and poor executions

#1Movie64Posted 11/29/2013 6:34:08 PM
Is there a game where you thought that had good concepts, but executed them poorly.

I think i'll nominate Mindjack. A game where you can mind hack into random NPCs and enemies and control them. seems like a good idea unfortunately the game sucks
#2jamoke57Posted 11/29/2013 7:07:24 PM
Hellgate London. The game had so much potential to be a fun third person arpg with gear hunting, but the zones were so repetitive and the animations in the game weren't that great.
---
Steam ID- jamoke57
#3RPGMattPosted 11/29/2013 7:08:19 PM
Anything with Peter Molyneux in it...
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#4matu90rkPosted 11/29/2013 7:09:09 PM
Prototype.
#5spud_almightyPosted 11/29/2013 7:38:52 PM
IMO Deus Ex. Great characters, story and fantastic attention to detail BUT the gameplay and graphics was horribly lacking for me. The game was ugly when it came out, looks just as ugly now.
#6MortalDangerPosted 11/29/2013 7:42:35 PM
X: Rebirth.

Great concept, but the team was too small and they just bit off more than they could chew. Too much, too ambitious, and played on their weaknesses. Throw in a dash of consolization, and a few idiot design decisions and the execution of it was horrendous.

As proof, if Egosoft keeps going in that direction, the third game in the series will be really good.
---
God Bless America.
#7Movie64(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 7:50:02 PM(edited)
I just want to say as a fan of Men in Black that any Men in Black licensed game. I don't understand why anyone hasn't done it right yet. The movie gives plenty of good concepts. Have J and K fight all kinds of aliens, give them plenty of variety of MIB weapons, and have the humor of the movie. There is so much gaming potential in Men in Black. why is it so hard to pull off?
#8lemonfedPosted 11/29/2013 11:57:26 PM
Alone In the dark (2009) ... lots of great Idea but poor controls and weird driving scene/levels.
---
lemonfed / my lord , it seem that ganon and his minions have seize the island of gamefaqs .
#9capgamerPosted 11/30/2013 12:22:42 AM
Playstation All Stars: Battle Royal

The basic concept is really good:
Make a Smash Bros. clone. Make it with Playstation characters. How can this fail?

Answer: make it so you kill other players by doing instant-kill moves instead of knocking them off the stage. Ironically, the one feature setting it apart from Smash Bros. is also the one that damns it for me. :)
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#10KJay489Posted 11/30/2013 1:08:15 AM
Maybe Rage...