This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard for $59.99 FS at Newegg. Good deal?

#1That_Damn_KidPosted 11/29/2013 10:17:50 PM
Looking to get a nice keyboard for my Macbook( don't laugh ) as I recently got a 50" tv I will hook it up to.

This seems like a really nice keyboard. I sometimes play games such as TF2, Portal 2, Counter Strike Global Offensive on my Macbook.

I currently have a G700 mouse which I LOVE and think would go nicely with this keyboard. The 6 foot length is long enough for me.

I don't play games on my Macbook too much. Currently I'm using it mainly for my graphic design classes.

What do you guys think?
#2Loserman15Posted 11/29/2013 10:18:53 PM
I think mechanical keyboards, simply because I just got my first one back in September, and frankly, I can't go back. Also, they last way longer than membrane keyboards and retain the same feel throughout.
#3That_Damn_Kid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2013 10:19:47 PM
Loserman15 posted...
I think mechanical keyboards, simply because I just got my first one back in September, and frankly, I can't go back. Also, they last way longer than membrane keyboards and retain the same feel throughout.

I've thought about getting mechanical. I don't think the G510 is one.
#4Loserman15Posted 11/29/2013 10:22:08 PM
Nah, it's not. The G510 is a good keyboard, but I don't like the feel of membrane keyboards wearing out. A mechanical keyboard (I suggest cherry blue switches, its what I got; very clicky.) has a higher cost of entry, but it'll last longer and they're premium products.
#5calcyclePosted 11/29/2013 10:38:13 PM
I've had my G510 for about 2 years now and it works fine.

Backlit keys are nice in the dark and macros are easy to use. I don't use the screen too much but it's nice. You can control music easily and everything works.

Other keyboards may be better, but the G510 is a solid device.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#6EdgeofDarknessPosted 11/29/2013 11:14:08 PM
I have the g510 as well and its a solid keyboard. About every bell and whistle you can hope for in a keyboard with the only downside being its not a mechanical. Don't use the display much but it will show you some pretty cool stuff while playing certain games. Oh and I don't think ill ever be able to get another keyboard without an audio control wheel like this one has.
#7Da HuiPosted 11/30/2013 6:50:46 AM
If you're willing to spend that much on a keyboard, I don't see why you shouldn't get a mechanical keyboard.
---
Don't **** with Da Hui
#8somebadlemonadePosted 11/30/2013 5:42:08 PM
Da Hui posted...
If you're willing to spend that much on a keyboard, I don't see why you shouldn't get a mechanical keyboard.

sadly to get a mechanical keyboard with macro support without sharpkey or autohotkey it's at least double the price to have the macro keys mechanical as well

if you were looking for one of those you're limited to these
logitech g710
razer blackwidow(i don't remember which edition or if that even matters)
corsair k95
cm storm trigger z
cm storm mech
which all hover around the $130-150 range

i'm sure there are more
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ
#9_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 12/1/2013 1:01:43 PM
I have seen Cooler Master quickfire rapids go for that price. Imo, why pay so much money for simple rubber dome, other than key rollover it pretty much offers you nothing of value. If you pay a lot of money for a keyboard it should be durable and provide a superior typing experience. What a lot of keyboards do is offer gimmicky features instead.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#10somebadlemonadePosted 12/1/2013 2:07:41 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
I have seen Cooler Master quickfire rapids go for that price. Imo, why pay so much money for simple rubber dome, other than key rollover it pretty much offers you nothing of value. If you pay a lot of money for a keyboard it should be durable and provide a superior typing experience. What a lot of keyboards do is offer gimmicky features instead.

i do generally agree with that, but the g510 has 18 assignable macro keys, something you only find on a few keyboards, and only one mechanical, well to my knowledge, and it's almost 3 times the price
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ