This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it weird to use a controller for PC games?

#1ShockKirby80Posted 11/30/2013 11:47:39 AM
Even when you have a gaming mouse + keyboard.

I can't play games for multiple hours using M + K without getting cramps.
---
I have 5000 Karma! I'm a ? Block!
Now it's statistically proven that I have a 99.9% chance of having more Karma than you!
#2calcyclePosted 11/30/2013 11:50:10 AM
When you have to shoot stuff(first person and sometimes third)=use m+k

anything else(drive, platform) you can use a controller.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#3KaushadPosted 11/30/2013 11:50:54 AM
depends on the game.
---
Let us assume that for the sake of assumption that I am always right.
#4UberLurkerPosted 11/30/2013 11:55:33 AM
I'll do it when I'm playing on the couch.

Yeah its not as good as KB&M but its serviceable and gives the ol' thumbs a workout. Some games just work better with a controller too... I'd mention emulation but then it might bring up the question of whether that's PC or console gaming!
#5MarceloSampaioPosted 11/30/2013 11:57:19 AM
Well, its not weird, since each person has its preferences.

I don't like controllers though, and I mostly use KB+M for every game I play (even fighting games).

But I DO have a controller for when someone comes to visit. Not everyone likes KB+M, right? ;)
---
:3
Gamefaqs logic: Emulation = Piracy.
#6MahoganyTooth92Posted 11/30/2013 11:59:30 AM
Only weird if you're playing games such as FPS or RTS with a controller.
#7xVSaNxPosted 11/30/2013 12:02:01 PM
in player vs player games you have to use a kbm or you'll probably get wrecked (shooters, rts, mmos)

but for single player games where you can just pause and are only playing against ai, you can/i prefer to use a 360 controller, it's easier to play, easier to play with my friends taking turns or coop, and still feels better just having one controller compared to big old kbm even if i've been using a kbm for years and years
#8Freelance_WolfPosted 11/30/2013 12:07:40 PM(edited)
It depends on the genre. For FPS, strategy (turn based, 4x, etc), RTS, simulations, point and click adventure games and some third person adventure/action/RPG games, KB/mouse is king. For everything else though (driving, flying, platformers, SHMUPs, pinball, whatever I missed) I prefer using a controller.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#9somebody336Posted 11/30/2013 12:34:43 PM
I use it for everything I can. Even FPS games lol
#10Combo MasterPosted 11/30/2013 12:35:03 PM
I prefer playing most pc games with the gaming mouse I have. If you configure a gaming mouse with lots of buttons properly imo it can be better than a controller in probably all games besides fighters and sports games
---
Combo Master