This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it weird to use a controller for PC games?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it weird to use a controller for PC games?
1 year ago#11
How do you even play fighting games or AC series on kb&m??
---
a tier is a ranking of how a character (or a set of characters) is expect to perform under tournament conditions based on that characters metagame. - SLAPAHO
1 year ago#12
Mouse and keyboard for strategy and shooting games

Controller for everything else.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
1 year ago#13
Majoras_pants posted...
Mouse and keyboard for strategy and shooting games

Controller for everything else.

I disagree, I have just got so use to my Razer mouse and using the buttons on it for games that it seems more comfortable for me to use now than a controller.
---
Combo Master
1 year ago#14
i'd love to see what key binds someone uses on a controller for a game like x
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ
1 year ago#15
only SP
---
http://i.imgur.com/hOjV6w3.jpg
1 year ago#16
I use a controller for pretty much all 3rd person games (not Max Payne 3 though, you need too much precision for that), and driving/racing games. Almost anything else I'll use the Kb+M setup... you need it for strategies and simulations!
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
1 year ago#17
If you enjoy playing with a controller then who cares.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
1 year ago#18
w0 0t posted...
How do you even play fighting games or AC series on kb&m??

To be honest, I don't even know how can someone play fighting games on a controller. I tried using a controller to play KoF, and I couldn't stand doing motions like "back-down-front-down-back+punch" on a controller.

I play fighting games on a keyboard ever since I was first able to emulate Street Fighter 2. ;)
---
:3
Gamefaqs logic: Emulation = Piracy.
1 year ago#19
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Only weird if you're playing games such as FPS or RTS with a controller.

I remember seeing some terran in diamond I think it was streaming with a controller in Sc2 ladder lol
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
1 year ago#20
I use all sorts of different controllers for different things. I use M/KB for some genres, but most games are better with the right controller. I have a fight stick for fighting games. I use an XBOX 360 controller for most games that support it, but I use a flight stick for slight sims. I use a Wii U Pro controller for Direct Input games. Some games I like to play with a touch screen. This is why the PC is the greatest of all platforms. You can play any game with the exact controls you want.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it weird to use a controller for PC games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived