This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gamers are saying nvidia is ruining vsync in games like ac4 and cod ghosts...

#1Snight01Posted 11/30/2013 1:08:27 PM(edited)
I'm reading alot of posts that nvidia is purposely telling game developers to make bugs with vsync on so gamers can buy g sync monitors when it's released.

Is this true?
---
Worst Optimized PC Games
Diablo 3 (SSD Needed), Metro 2033. Crysis 3, Slender The Arrival, GTA4
#2Knighted DragonPosted 11/30/2013 1:09:31 PM
Nvidia has done pretty crappy things in the past, wouldn't be any great surprise if they were doing something like that
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#3somebody336Posted 11/30/2013 1:10:46 PM
I doubt it. They certainly don't want to lose the PC audience to AMD.
#4Hi CPosted 11/30/2013 1:11:44 PM
Snight01 posted...
I'm reading alot of posts that nvidia is purposely telling game developers to make bugs with vsync on so gamers can buy g sync monitors when it's released.

Is this true?

Wouldn't be surprised. Nvidia has done stuff like this in the past.
---
You'll be my John G.
#5ChromaticAngelPosted 11/30/2013 1:12:44 PM
even if they were telling devs to do such a thing, from the developer's perspective that is suicide.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#6Snight01(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2013 1:13:00 PM
I tested both games tho..

With vsync on in cod ghost the performance is worst and cut scenes loading music cuts in and out.

Assassins creed 4 the framerate is erratic but with vsync off its 60 fps always.
---
Worst Optimized PC Games
Diablo 3 (SSD Needed), Metro 2033. Crysis 3, Slender The Arrival, GTA4
#7Hi CPosted 11/30/2013 1:13:33 PM
somebody336 posted...
I doubt it. They certainly don't want to lose the PC audience to AMD.

But their subjects blindly follow them and even shell out $150-300 more per performance tier for a card. They risk nothing.
---
You'll be my John G.
#8Knighted DragonPosted 11/30/2013 2:58:42 PM
But their subjects blindly follow them and even shell out $150-300 more per performance tier for a card. They risk nothing.

This has always baffled me. There are times when Nvidia is better, but most of the time they are not, or are flat out worse, yet you still see hordes of Nvidia fanboys defending them. I was a pretty big AMD CPU fanboy back when they were actually good bang for your buck, but when I built my comp back in April I went with Intel because it would be stupid to pay nearly as much for something that isn't even close performance wise
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/30/2013 3:05:22 PM
Knighted Dragon posted...

This has always baffled me. There are times when Nvidia is better, but most of the time they are not, or are flat out worse, yet you still see hordes of Nvidia fanboys defending them. I was a pretty big AMD CPU fanboy back when they were actually good bang for your buck, but when I built my comp back in April I went with Intel because it would be stupid to pay nearly as much for something that isn't even close performance wise

I've actually seen quite the opposite. The majority of people buying nVidia cards seem to be doing so because they either didn't have a good experience with AMD at some point, want something nVidia offers, or because nVidia had a better value at the time. And yet, for some reason, every AMD fan seems to think that AMD is always the better price-performance brand, while downplaying every AMD problem and blowing up every nVidia problem.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me all that much if true, but console ports having broken Vsync isn't anything new at all, and considering how broken Ghosts is in general, I'm not inclined to think there's anything out of the ordinary there. Ubisoft doesn't exactly have the best history of making games with good timing either. If nVidia is involved, they picked their targets wisely, because these two games having broken vsync wouldn't be surprising either way.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#10xVSaNxPosted 11/30/2013 3:15:47 PM
i'm happy with my nvidia card

each setting is unique for every game why would vsync be different? helps in bf4 hindersome in lol