This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have high speed internet enhanced, but...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have high speed internet enhanced, but...

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
3 years ago#31
Damaged phone lines can affect your dsl speeds.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q

User Info: LittleYami

LittleYami
3 years ago#32
I see. Then I need to get it fixed as soon as I can.

LittleYami
3 years ago#33
Agh, I just found out my Enhanced DSL only goes up to 3 mbps. I read that select locations for the Enhanced DSL ranges between 1.1 to 3, 3.1 to 7, and 7.1 to 15 mbps. Unfortunately, my area apparently has the 1.1 to 3 mbps range. Might as well switch to Charter, I'm being ripped off!

Better hurry and get back to school, so I can get my GED and find a decent job, so I can pay for a better internet service.

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 years ago#34
LittleYami posted...
Agh, I just found out my Enhanced DSL only goes up to 3 mbps. I read that select locations for the Enhanced DSL ranges between 1.1 to 3, 3.1 to 7, and 7.1 to 15 mbps. Unfortunately, my area apparently has the 1.1 to 3 mbps range. Might as well switch to Charter, I'm being ripped off!

Wow 1998 speeds. I'm getting 100 mbps down/100 up for 9.99 a month with no cap in CT.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105

LittleYami
3 years ago#35
ATARIJAWA posted...
LittleYami posted...

Wow 1998 speeds. I'm getting 100 mbps down/100 up for 9.99 a month with no cap in CT.

Holy!!! You lucky son of a.... Seriously, just who or what are you using?

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 years ago#36
LittleYami posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
LittleYami posted...

It's optimum/cablevision. Normally it's like 39.99 a month but I got it extra cheap by bundling it with my cable and threatening to qo to AT&T u-verse (which is terrible and I would never actually get it) if they didn't lower my bill. If you have competing internet providers you can usually get a good deal if you threaten to leave. It's the people with no choice of providers who get hosed.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#37
Cool_Dude667 posted...
DSL is really bad man, I had it last month for abit before I just switched back to comcast :/

you know not what you speak. try to avoid generalizations because they are typically wrong.

I have DSL and I could be paying for a faster package but I wanted to keep it cheap

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3139017799
^ this

LittleYami
3 years ago#38
LordSeifer posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
DSL is really bad man, I had it last month for abit before I just switched back to comcast :/

you know not what you speak. try to avoid generalizations because they are typically wrong.

I have DSL and I could be paying for a faster package but I wanted to keep it cheap

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3139017799

You must have a very good DSL package. Me? I'm paying 60 dollars a month for practically internet alone for a maximum of 3 mbps and only get this much.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3140059023

LittleYami
3 years ago#39
ATARIJAWA posted...
LittleYami posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
LittleYami posted...

It's optimum/cablevision. Normally it's like 39.99 a month but I got it extra cheap by bundling it with my cable and threatening to qo to AT&T u-verse (which is terrible and I would never actually get it) if they didn't lower my bill. If you have competing internet providers you can usually get a good deal if you threaten to leave. It's the people with no choice of providers who get hosed.

So, if I threaten to leave Verizon to switch to Charter, not only will they lower my bill, but will they give me a better bundle package? I need speeds that will allow me to watch HD Videos and play MMORPGs and other types of games online, across 3 devices. I want to at least get the 7.1 to 15 mbps, but I have a feeling that's not enough.

User Info: I_Am_On_Fire

I_Am_On_Fire
3 years ago#40
LittleYami posted...
You must have a very good DSL package. Me? I'm paying 60 dollars a month for practically internet alone for a maximum of 3 mbps and only get this much.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3140059023

Damn, at least we get 3/1 and home phone for $50...

I'll definitely miss school internet when I'm back for Christmas :|
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 8x64
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have high speed internet enhanced, but...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived