This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Issue with some old games on GOG/Steam.

#11ShubPosted 12/1/2013 9:27:40 AM
Try the GOG forums, there are more people there who deal with these questions all the time.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#12biohazard1775Posted 12/1/2013 9:38:30 AM
Use PCGamingwiki.
---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!
#13-CJF-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 9:59:23 AM
PCGamingWiki doesn't contain any fixes but thanks for the link anyway, it might come in handy in the future. I've made a post on GOG but I don't look for it to help much. I haven't seen the LoK problem mentioned often but the Tomb Raider problems are very common and sadly remain unresolved.
#14-CJF-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 1:36:19 AM
Sorry to bump this again but I'm hoping somebody might have some ideas to try. I can't think of any way to fix this short of dual booting XP and I really don't want to do that. This doesn't happen in all my games but happens in a lot of older ones. I've noticed it happens with Ghost Master and Max Payne (the original), although it's nowhere near as noticeable as it is with the Soul Reaver games.

Has anyone been able to get these games working properly on Windows 7 without this issue?
#15-CJF-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 3:47:08 AM
Update:

- Tried using the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit to tweak DirectDraw and other things.
- Tried using the DirectX Control Panel to disable hardware acceleration.

I've tried basically everything I can find on the net short of reprogramming the games myself. I guess dual booting is the only option then. :(

Does anyone have any experience with WINE and older games? If so, how's the compatibility?