This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To ghetto Cool a GTX 780 Ti, or not to?

#31Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 9:12:20 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
Road_Kill_666 posted...
WyzeGye posted...
if you have the cash to spend on a cooler for a video card that already comes with a cooler, go for it.

I don't see why you don't just loop it up to begin with though.

you're looking at 100+ for a waterblock, on top of whatever the arctic cooler will cost you. Seems like a wasteful use of your money. But If you wanna do it that way, go for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if i decided to full on cool the rig i need a cpu water block, gtx 780 Ti water block, resivior, rad, pump, fitting and tubing correct? I didn't want to do full on water cooling of the GPU without doing the cpu so i thought the eccellero hybrid thing is like a h100i for gpu's right?

You need a GPU water block, a reservoir (technically the reservoir is optional but it makes filling the loop a lot easier), radiator, pump, fittings, and tubing.

You actually shouldn't be cooling the CPU and GPU in the same loop; it's best practice to cool the CPU in one loop (possibly with the MOSFET in there if you're cooling that as well), and then have at least one more loop for your graphics cards. One loop is sufficient for two graphics cards; it can work for 4 graphics cards if you cool them in parallel rather than serial.

Depending on your case, you may have a lot of trouble with custom water loops.

What case do you have?

I listed the build on the first page, nothing will be bought till Jan 1st. Ok so you're saying 2 loops? that means two of everything? this build is gonna make my wallet cry. LoL. I'm already cutting on it as is. I'm going for 1 video card. a GTX 780Ti. Maybe SLI next year. I think I'm going for air cooler for the cpu. I'm only overclocking to 4.0ghz i don't need to go all out. I've been using a intel Q9400 for 5 years so really even a stock 4770K is more power than i've ever had. I'm going to save water cooling till the 8 core cpu hits next DEC. But for the future, is it really needed to cool the MOBO?
#32PraetorXynPosted 12/2/2013 9:22:03 PM
Not necessarily. You'd need 2 rads, you could use the same reservoir. If you get a powerful pump like the Swiftech MCP35X2 you won't need another pump either, though that's really a double pump; it does have insane flow rate though, but it's based on the Liang DCC so you need the heatsink for it.

DCC based pumps are by and large more powerful than D5 pumps, but they run hotter.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9