This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pc gaming without EA?

#21steveboblarryPosted 12/1/2013 3:17:41 PM
aamir69 posted...
For those that bashes EA jumping on the hate wagon should consider this. Without EA no

Battlefield series
Mass Effect
Dragon Age
Dead Space
Need for Speed
Fifa
Command & Conquer

So you are left with Ubisoft's AC, witcher, elder scroll & blizzard and CoD that releases new mods every year at a price of 60$. Now we all know how Ubisoft value PC gamers. Yup nothing much left for me in PC gaming without EA...

Bioware worked on Dragon age for 5-7 years. They were about done with it when EA bought them. Mass effect was already going to be a trilogy. Mass effect 1 came out before EA bought them.
---
Official TimePharaoh Fanboy #1
Put this in your sig if you are a TimePharaoh fanboy
#22sonicteam2k1Posted 12/1/2013 3:22:46 PM
Glory to Arstotzka!
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#23FenriswolfPosted 12/1/2013 6:06:39 PM
doctoglethorpe posted...
Nobody has come remotely close to doing as much for PC gaming as Valve has.

Lol no. PC gaming's heyday was mid 90s to mid 00s where most PC games were either exclusive or developed with PCs in mind. Steam is nothing but a dumping ground for console ports.
---
Hello
#24CilymPosted 12/1/2013 6:09:06 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
doctoglethorpe posted...
Nobody has come remotely close to doing as much for PC gaming as Valve has.

Lol no. PC gaming's heyday was mid 90s to mid 00s where most PC games were either exclusive or developed with PCs in mind. Steam is nothing but a dumping ground for console ports.

lolno.
---
i called myself uberhipster before, try harder. - Ningishzida
You a straight up buster TC (Super_Thug44).- KidInTheHall
#25KabtheMentatPosted 12/1/2013 6:51:23 PM
aamir69 posted...
For those that bashes EA jumping on the hate wagon should consider this. Without EA no

Battlefield series
Mass Effect
Dragon Age
Dead Space
Need for Speed
Fifa
Command & Conquer

So you are left with Ubisoft's AC, witcher, elder scroll & blizzard and CoD that releases new mods every year at a price of 60$. Now we all know how Ubisoft value PC gamers. Yup nothing much left for me in PC gaming without EA...

You're wrong about the Mass Effect part. That was Microsoft's baby, which they (stupidly) gave up.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#26killkountPosted 12/1/2013 6:58:45 PM
aamir69 posted...

Battlefield series
Mass Effect
Dragon Age
Dead Space
Need for Speed
Fifa
Command & Conquer

Without EA, DICE wouldn't have been able to create BF?
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif
#27PraetorXynPosted 12/1/2013 7:05:23 PM
aamir69 posted...

Battlefield series - It used to be far better when it was PC exclusive
Mass Effect - The first one was average, latter two were garbage
Dragon Age - Pales in comparison to Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights
Dead Space - Was also crap as far as horror goes. Games like Amnesia: The Dark Descent are much better.
Need for Speed - Not a big loss.
Fifa - Not a loss at all to most of the US.
Command & Conquer - Westwood created C&C, EA bought Westwood and gutted the studio.

The Witcher doesn't belong in a list with the rest of those annual release games. CDPR is really the only developer who still cares about their customers and has the attitude that if the game is good, it will make the money.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#28steveboblarryPosted 12/1/2013 7:08:32 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
aamir69 posted...

Battlefield series - It used to be far better when it was PC exclusive
Mass Effect - The first one was average, latter two were garbage
Dragon Age - Pales in comparison to Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights
Dead Space - Was also crap as far as horror goes. Games like Amnesia: The Dark Descent are much better.
Need for Speed - Not a big loss.
Fifa - Not a loss at all to most of the US.
Command & Conquer - Westwood created C&C, EA bought Westwood and gutted the studio.

The Witcher doesn't belong in a list with the rest of those annual release games. CDPR is really the only developer who still cares about their customers and has the attitude that if the game is good, it will make the money.

NOOOOO!!!! if you mention the Witcher series in a positvie light then the troll will show up.
---
Official TimePharaoh Fanboy #1
Put this in your sig if you are a TimePharaoh fanboy
#29CommonJoePosted 12/1/2013 7:58:25 PM
I might be still playing RTS games if it weren't for EA.
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1