This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just reformatted my dads computer and now there's no sound!

#11Sephiroth311(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 11:43:27 AM
His sound card is Avance AC'97 audio. I've found several websites claiming to have the drivers but when I download them it's always just those download managers or just keeps bringing me back to the same page.
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
#12mrCubePosted 12/2/2013 11:45:17 AM
What is the actual model number of the computer? If it's a prebuilt computer it should have a sticker on the side or the top with the right information on it.
---
---
#13Sephiroth311(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 11:47:54 AM
No nothing like that. It's my old PC and it's been through several upgrades. I can probably get you the motherboard info but as I said I already used the disk for that.
---
#14mrCubePosted 12/2/2013 11:51:47 AM
If you go into the Device Manager, do you see the sound card?
---
---
#15Sephiroth311(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 11:55:35 AM
Yeah all install and working apparently
---
#16Kokuei05Posted 12/2/2013 11:56:35 AM
I dislike these people. They think they know better when you ask for specific device numbers and keep stating what they already tried. Then ask for ideas while not providing any information of the device itself.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk
#17Sephiroth311(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 12:05:48 PM
Kokuei05 posted...
I dislike these people. They think they know better when you ask for specific device numbers and keep stating what they already tried. Then ask for ideas while not providing any information of the device itself.

I do NOT no any better, believe me!

And the reason I'm not providing device numbers is because I don't have them. That's all I know! When I reformatted I went into add hardware and there was Avance AC97 with a yellow question mark next to it. I chucked in the cd I found and it installed and it now says that is the sound card. I don't have a model number for the PC, there's no sticker, where else would it be?

What else can I tell you?
---
#18shaun239Posted 12/2/2013 12:09:21 PM
At the risk of pissing you off - you did reboot after installing the drivers right?

You have the speakers plugged into the right output?

It's usually the simplest things that get me. Btw, could always look for a cheap sound card if you can't get the integrated working again.
---
"Justice is done! Well, not justice, but what I want, which is pretty much the same thing."
#19wizardmonPosted 12/2/2013 12:10:49 PM
What else can I tell you?

You could tell us:
The brand of the motherboard.
The model of the motherboard.

And with that information we would tell you to look at:
The manufacturer's website of the motherboard.
The manufacturer's driver page of the motherboard.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#20Sephiroth311(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 12:11:40 PM
Yep

Yep

And yeah that's looking like the best solution, the stuff in the computer is ancient anyway and it's still running XP which isn't helping.
---