This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I got a new video card but the framerates are exactly the same as my previous 1!

#11vogelhutPosted 12/1/2013 3:28:10 PM
Did you use Driver Sweeper or a similar program to completely remove all of your old drivers and then do a fresh install of the latest stable drivers? Your i3 is a bottleneck, but not that much of a bottleneck that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a GTS 450 and a 650 Ti Boost. Also, if you were running at low graphics settings and a low resolution (720p or less), it's possible you were already hitting max FPS with the old card.
#12The Sock(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 7:24:39 AM
vogelhut posted...
Did you use Driver Sweeper or a similar program to completely remove all of your old drivers and then do a fresh install of the latest stable drivers? Your i3 is a bottleneck, but not that much of a bottleneck that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a GTS 450 and a 650 Ti Boost. Also, if you were running at low graphics settings and a low resolution (720p or less), it's possible you were already hitting max FPS with the old card.

I just tried the Driver Sweeper thing and it detected my older video card, but I let it do its thing and after reinstalling the latest drivers, it didn't detect my older video card. It only sees the new video card.

However, the framerates are still the same. And yes, on my older video card I ran it at low graphics settings.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network ID (feel free to add me): sockableclaw
Xbox Live Gamer Tag (feel free to add me): darb yelur
#13SlaynPosted 12/2/2013 7:33:55 AM
So you took out the old card, put in the new one, put int he newest drivers, and get the same FPS? What sort of FPS are we talking about here?
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#14TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 12/2/2013 7:37:55 AM
I have a feeling that although there might be a bottleneck, I think that you should at least be able to tell the difference between a 450 and a 650 Ti Boost.

This is pretty simple, but are you sure that the new video card is even being used? If you open "dxdiag" and check the Display tab, it should tell you.

If it's not being used, you need to make sure the cable is plugged into the card, not the motherboard, and you might even have to disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#15siglumdiobolikPosted 12/2/2013 8:11:11 AM
I agree the i3 could be a bottleneck but it could be several other factors as well, are vsync options set in NVidia control panel? did the graphics get set to a higher configuration after the new card install? are you using on board graphics instead of dedicated graphics? are you running at the same resolution? have you done a computer sweep? (I know that one was answered already) have you done a registry check/clean? are there any other unneeded programs running in the background ? is ventilation good enough through your case? does your power supply have enough juice to handle new card ? these are all questions you should ask yourself when coming across these issues also is it only one game your testing with this some games just wont show any improvement unless you use much better rig. have you tried benchmarks to get scores before and after the switch to see what the difference would be ? once again all these questions are for you to answer to yourself and dont require a response to all of them but if you choose to answer them it would only help your cause.
---
Navy, GunnersMate 1st Class
#16ZeraphLordSPosted 12/2/2013 8:13:38 AM
what game is this

different games have different cpu/gpu loads
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#17gikosPosted 12/2/2013 8:46:52 AM
why would you buy a 650ti anyway
didn't you read any reviews or see benchmarks
a gtx 560ti beats this card alot
should have gone with a 760 or R 270/280
---
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." - Sacha Guitry (1885-1957)
#18ezekiel702Posted 12/2/2013 9:58:05 AM
Should have got a ps4.
#19JockoPosted 12/2/2013 1:41:43 PM
Should of had a V8.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#20koujimorenoPosted 12/2/2013 1:45:49 PM
Jocko posted...
Should of had a V8.

Hahaha.