This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I got a new video card but the framerates are exactly the same as my previous 1!

#21maybecallsPosted 12/2/2013 1:47:24 PM
If I upgraded my GTX 460, I would test it by starting a Mount and Blade Warband 200 v 200 all cavalry custom battle. At the moment the frame rate for such a battle drops to the low twenties in the early stages. I would know straight away if the new card was an improvement.
#22The Sock(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 12:48:33 AM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
I have a feeling that although there might be a bottleneck, I think that you should at least be able to tell the difference between a 450 and a 650 Ti Boost.

This is pretty simple, but are you sure that the new video card is even being used? If you open "dxdiag" and check the Display tab, it should tell you.

If it's not being used, you need to make sure the cable is plugged into the card, not the motherboard, and you might even have to disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS.

Yup, dxdiag definitely says the 650 Ti Boost OC is being used.

Slayn posted...
So you took out the old card, put in the new one, put int he newest drivers, and get the same FPS? What sort of FPS are we talking about here?

ZeraphLordS posted...
what game is this

different games have different cpu/gpu loads

Like above 60 FPS at 1440 x 900 resolution. 60-100 FPS in games like Tomb Raider 2013 and Batman: Arkham Origins. But I was already getting those framerates on my GTS 450.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network ID (feel free to add me): sockableclaw
Xbox Live Gamer Tag (feel free to add me): darb yelur
#23The Sock(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 5:08:56 AM(edited)
Nevermind guys. It turns out it's just all in my head. I have been trying out other games (like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow) and I've noticed a huge framerate increase.
---
#24phy2jshPosted 12/3/2013 5:14:55 AM
The Sock posted...
Nevermind guys. It turns out it's just all in my head. I have been trying out other games (like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow) and I've noticed a huge framerate increase.

I genuinely just lol'd at work. Talk about wasting everybody's time...
#25The Sock(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 5:21:15 AM
phy2jsh posted...
The Sock posted...

Sorry everyone. I really am.
---
#26ZeraphLordSPosted 12/3/2013 5:28:29 AM
nice coming back and saying so instead of abandoning topic

good man
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#27phy2jshPosted 12/3/2013 5:39:01 AM
The Sock posted...
phy2jsh posted...
The Sock posted...

Sorry everyone. I really am.

Don't worry. If anyone's time was precious, they wouldn't be posting on here anyway. Some tips, for future reference:

1. Use fraps to get an objective assessment of your framerate, and try mutiple games, as some may be more CPU dependent than others (See below point).
2. Use MSI afterburner, or similar, to check your GPU usage. If it is below 100%, and you aren't capping framerate (with vsync, for example), then there is a good chance that you have a cpu bottleneck.
#28SinisterSlayPosted 12/3/2013 7:37:27 AM
maybecalls posted...
If I upgraded my GTX 460, I would test it by starting a Mount and Blade Warband 200 v 200 all cavalry custom battle. At the moment the frame rate for such a battle drops to the low twenties in the early stages. I would know straight away if the new card was an improvement.

Warband is CPU heavy.

my i7 laptop with it's 560m can do 500 vs 500 in warband and get 50fps.
I think your 650ti should be more powerful than the 560m.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence