This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone use LiveStream?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does anyone use LiveStream?
3 years ago#1
I've been thinking of starting a channel where people chat about a game while I play it. I've run into all sorts of problems trying to set it up, though.

I'm using 2 systems.
1) Windows 7 that I want to use to play games.
2) Windows XP that want to use to broadcast.

I bought a Hauppauge HD PVR 2 to capture from the Windows 7 system. Then I figured out how to put the same display on both my DVI monitor and the HDMI PVR. Next I figured out how to get sound going to both my speakers and the PVR.

Now I'm running into problems with LiveStream itself. First it doesn't utilize the PVR directly so I capture a region of the screen where it's displayed. I have something I can show but the only sound on my channel is buzzing and popping.

Does anyone have experience with this?
No locked doors, no windows barred. No more things to make my brain seem SKARD.
3 years ago#2
Use twitch, LiveStream is basically dead for gaming, get OBS (Open broadcaster software) for free
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
3 years ago#3
Twitch.tv has an awfully restrictive chat. I've never been able to participate in it since every time I do it looks like it wants me to create a Facebook account. If I were to use it I would probably direct people to tinychat just to communicate with them.

Open Broadcaster Software doesn't work with Windows XP (the one I want to use to broadcast) because of it's reliance on DirectX 10.

Either way I want to make sure I've ruled out making LiveStream work since that was my first choice.
No locked doors, no windows barred. No more things to make my brain seem SKARD.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does anyone use LiveStream?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived