This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone use LiveStream?

#1SKARDAVNELNATEPosted 12/1/2013 5:35:10 PM
I've been thinking of starting a channel where people chat about a game while I play it. I've run into all sorts of problems trying to set it up, though.

I'm using 2 systems.
1) Windows 7 that I want to use to play games.
2) Windows XP that want to use to broadcast.

I bought a Hauppauge HD PVR 2 to capture from the Windows 7 system. Then I figured out how to put the same display on both my DVI monitor and the HDMI PVR. Next I figured out how to get sound going to both my speakers and the PVR.

Now I'm running into problems with LiveStream itself. First it doesn't utilize the PVR directly so I capture a region of the screen where it's displayed. I have something I can show but the only sound on my channel is buzzing and popping.

Does anyone have experience with this?
---
No locked doors, no windows barred. No more things to make my brain seem SKARD.
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 12/1/2013 5:40:03 PM
Use twitch, LiveStream is basically dead for gaming, get OBS (Open broadcaster software) for free
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3SKARDAVNELNATE(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 5:52:16 PM(edited)
Twitch.tv has an awfully restrictive chat. I've never been able to participate in it since every time I do it looks like it wants me to create a Facebook account. If I were to use it I would probably direct people to tinychat just to communicate with them.

Open Broadcaster Software doesn't work with Windows XP (the one I want to use to broadcast) because of it's reliance on DirectX 10.

Either way I want to make sure I've ruled out making LiveStream work since that was my first choice.

---
No locked doors, no windows barred. No more things to make my brain seem SKARD.