This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's Max Payne 3?

#11AnnihilatedPosted 12/1/2013 8:02:17 PM
TheMisfit posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
it's a 10~ hour game with 4~ hours worth of cutscenes, scripting and non-interactivity.

take that as you will.

Did you play the first 2? They were pretty cutscene heavy. Besides, the game has plenty of interactivity.

The third game was awesome and does justice to the first two games.

Believe me, this is so much worse. You can't skip OR escape the cut scenes in Max Payne 3, and they happen every friggin time you clear a room.
#12Rama_IIIPosted 12/1/2013 8:09:52 PM(edited)
Max Payne 3 is an excellent game and better than its predecessors. I'm not one for action shooty games, but this one handled and looked fantastic 100% of the time.
---
The Garden Of Rama
Arthur C. Clarke is the one true God.
#13calcyclePosted 12/1/2013 8:24:26 PM
Annihilated posted...
TheMisfit posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
it's a 10~ hour game with 4~ hours worth of cutscenes, scripting and non-interactivity.

take that as you will.

Did you play the first 2? They were pretty cutscene heavy. Besides, the game has plenty of interactivity.

Believe me, this is so much worse. You can't skip OR escape the cut scenes in Max Payne 3, and they happen every friggin time you clear a room.

you can just delete the cutscenes from your computer, It then skips them and you can just play. It also takes off like 15 gb out of the total 30 gb that make up the game.

You could never do this on consoles, only on PC.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#14AnnihilatedPosted 12/1/2013 8:44:42 PM
calcycle posted...
Annihilated posted...
TheMisfit posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...

take that as you will.

you can just delete the cutscenes from your computer, It then skips them and you can just play. It also takes off like 15 gb out of the total 30 gb that make up the game.

Dude. Is this for real? Are they the files in the movies folder? There's about 8 GB in there. This would be so awesome if this works, because even in Arcade mode you have to watch the damn movies.
#15AsucaHayashiPosted 12/1/2013 9:49:43 PM
calcycle posted...
Annihilated posted...
TheMisfit posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...

take that as you will.

fairly certain this couwld corrupt the game and mess up the HUD and crosshair etc.

maybe they found a way to fix it but i wouldn't know since i'm not touching the game ever again.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#16AnnihilatedPosted 12/3/2013 9:06:25 PM
Just to clarify, the movie files only apply to the prerendered cutscenes, right?