This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think PC gaming is pretty antisocial compared to console gaming

#41_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 12/2/2013 5:37:45 AM
For the games that have a social aspect, I always found the PC a more social platform, simply because there are more ways for people to communicate. I play with a group of people, CS:GO and Battlefield, and we make use of a forum, Teamspeak, etc. On a console, you are much more limited in that sense.

Also, there are some genres on the PC that are not as prominent on the console, where the social aspect plays a large role. The most obvious example would be MMO's.

So online "social" goes to the PC for me. However, there is a way in which consoles are more social, and that is when playing the games on the couch with a friend or two. Console is generally better for this.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#42petran78Posted 12/2/2013 6:53:06 AM
for offline gaming pc used to be awkward since it was difficult to configure more than one gamepad. Players had to share the same keyboard sometimes.

But with usb and xinput, offline multiplayer on pc is easy like consoles
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#43FaPaThYPosted 12/2/2013 7:01:37 AM(edited)
The thing is you have a choice to be social or not on the PC, because in most games you can just anonymously communicate with text chat instead of requiring a headset to communicate like on consoles, but PC definitely has more potential to be social on if you choose to. Unless your definition of 'social' is narrowed down to huddling around the PC/Console.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#44Lwaxana_TroiPosted 12/2/2013 6:59:49 AM
Plenty of friends that game on PC, games often have facebook integration, steam community, etc.
#45SpazH3dPosted 12/2/2013 7:01:36 AM
Why are your poll choices so extreme? There is literally no difference between consoles and PCs when it comes to online gaming. Convince yer friends or find a great group or community.
---
- My vision is augmented