This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why is my internet this slow

#1jukallPosted 12/1/2013 8:39:25 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3138340623
using comcast internet
#2LordSeiferPosted 12/1/2013 8:47:12 PM
idk
---
^ this
#3chase1234lifePosted 12/1/2013 8:48:24 PM
jukall posted...
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3138340623
using comcast internet

There's your problem, sir.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/chasewolf
J.O.B. Squad 4 life
#4Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 12/1/2013 8:56:12 PM
Not enough information. What kind of plan do you have? If you have like 5mbps down/1up, I wouldn't say that's unusual.
#5jukall(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 1:53:51 AM
i fixed it had too call and scream at ppl
#6Love_Me_SexyPosted 12/2/2013 7:43:53 AM
jukall posted...

Because the person on the other end of the phone was the one that purposely sabotaged your internet connection. You caught them red-handed, man. That person totally deserved to get screamed at.

Let me guess what really happened:

1. You ordered a slow connection to begin with
2. You phoned comcast and screamed like a child until they explained you are getting what you paid for
3. You upgraded your plan then came back here and said you screamed at them to make you look "cool" and show you can move mountains and get them to adjust unadjustable rates on plans.

Good job. Might as well back it up for the day, you've accomplished so much.
---
PC Wishlist: 27" GSync, MB/RAM/CPU, 4TB HDD, KB
#7siglumdiobolikPosted 12/2/2013 8:15:45 AM
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
jukall posted...

Because the person on the other end of the phone was the one that purposely sabotaged your internet connection. You caught them red-handed, man. That person totally deserved to get screamed at.

Let me guess what really happened:

1. You ordered a slow connection to begin with
2. You phoned comcast and screamed like a child until they explained you are getting what you paid for
3. You upgraded your plan then came back here and said you screamed at them to make you look "cool" and show you can move mountains and get them to adjust unadjustable rates on plans.

Good job. Might as well back it up for the day, you've accomplished so much.

beautiful , just beautiful. that just made my day
---
Navy, GunnersMate 1st Class
#8Dukaduka1k82Posted 12/2/2013 1:48:20 PM
Doesn't Kansas have google fiber, I thought I read that somewhere.
---
Asus i7-3610QM @ 2.3Ghz, 16gig ram, Nvidia 660m 2Gb, 1Tb hdd @ 7200rpm
#9KabtheMentatPosted 12/2/2013 1:58:32 PM
Dukaduka1k82 posted...
Doesn't Kansas have google fiber, I thought I read that somewhere.

Pretty much anywhere in or close by a major metro area in the US has options for decent Internet. The problem is being in between those places. If you live in the northeast, east coast, or west coast, that's not a problem because the areas are littered with major cities. Some places in the south and further west, not so much. You can literally drive hundreds of miles and not see any sign of civilization.

This is something a lot of people, particularly Europeans, don't seem to appreciate. In Europe you can drive in any direction for a couple hours and end up in another country. You do that in the US and you're likely to still be in the same state.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#10I_Am_On_FirePosted 12/2/2013 2:08:30 PM
Even in the Northeast it can be an issue, especially when you're in one of the less densely populated states/areas of states. I live in Vermont, and the best I can get (iirc) is 20/3. Currently at 3/1.

There are quite a few places in VT/NH that don't even have 3/1; one of my coworkers actually just got 1 mbps dsl this summer.
---
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 8x64