This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possible to remove a CC from itunes and have no payment option?

#1ShuraYukihimePosted 12/1/2013 9:22:13 PM
I have an ipod. I had to put in CC info when I made the account. Soon I will be closing the bank account. Can one remove a CC from itunes and leave the account without valid payment?

I ask because in all the time I've had an android device They've hassled me about adding one for free music/books. (Not apps though oddly.)
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#2WyzeGyePosted 12/1/2013 9:24:10 PM
Nope. but if the account is going down anyway, there won't be an issue.

What I did was buy a $25 visa gift card. Used it for a 99 cent purchase on the itunes store, then spent the rest.
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ
http://youtu.be/AEKc-vNv_rU - updated 11/21/2013
#3ShuraYukihime(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 9:26:02 PM
WyzeGye posted...
Nope. but if the account is going down anyway, there won't be an issue.

What I did was buy a $25 visa gift card. Used it for a 99 cent purchase on the itunes store, then spent the rest.

I have never actually used the card on itunes mind you. I always used itunes cards. But for some reason they felt I needed a CC to even open the account.

Would it be possible to change it to my wife's card as she will still have a bank account.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#4CriticalFuryPosted 12/1/2013 9:50:53 PM
I just checked my iTunes right now and you can erase your credit card info. Here is what you do.

1.From a pc log in to your iTunes
2. When you click on your email there should be an option called account. Click it.
3. You will see payment type. Click edit.
4. You will see different card types and the none option. click none option then done at the bottom.
---
"They say I can't lose, I say you can't win."- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
#5ShuraYukihime(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 9:52:41 PM
CriticalFury posted...
I just checked my iTunes right now and you can erase your credit card info. Here is what you do.

1.From a pc log in to your iTunes
2. When you click on your email there should be an option called account. Click it.
3. You will see payment type. Click edit.
4. You will see different card types and the none option. click none option then done at the bottom.

Danke sir (or madam). Here's hoping it's smart enough to erase it across all devices.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.