This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a Barebones Laptop

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a Barebones Laptop
1 year ago#1
For my mother. She's been using a refurb she picked up from some recycling place. Dell Latitude D610:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8698991&CatId=4936

Was perfectly content with it while it worked. But it seems to be wearing down in the handful of months she's had it.
Anyone know some cheap options for a new 14"minimum laptop? Doesn't really need battery life since it likely wont be leaving home (desktop isn't an option as she's got a leg condition and often needs it elevated on a couch). Specs aren't really an issue since she only uses it for sd Netflix, browsing and Word.
1 year ago#2
Is a tablet or netbook an option? Any reason for the 14" minimum?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/chasewolf
J.O.B. Squad 4 life
1 year ago#3
chase1234life posted...
14" minimum?

Mostly to match her old laptop. She types often enough that a keyboard will be necessary. Might be able to settle for something smaller if there are any remarkable deals. Staples had a chromebook for $179 on BF I'm kicking myself for missing.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a Barebones Laptop

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived