This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I was going to build a gaming PC to match the ps4 until...

#11garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 9:13:25 PM
Slayn posted...
So what you're saying is

you did no research

and have no idea what you're doing.

What I'm saying is that there are to many variations of one thing to even know what I'm looking for.
#12GTL581Posted 12/1/2013 9:18:54 PM
a simple question about what brands are most reliable or what models fit your budget best would suffice. the people on here are quite knowledgeable about these things and could help you find what you're looking for if you just ask. i wouldn't recommend pcpartpicker for finding parts, rather putting together builds with parts you find on other sites to get a good estimate on an overall price or what parts you may be missing that you overlooked.
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#13Flaktrooper123Posted 12/1/2013 9:27:05 PM
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

This give you basic idea. Check the hierarchy chart at the end as well though, and check the prices of your local store.
#14PraetorXynPosted 12/1/2013 9:31:06 PM
garcia_jx posted...
Slayn posted...
So what you're saying is

you did no research

and have no idea what you're doing.

What I'm saying is that there are to many variations of one thing to even know what I'm looking for.

That's the fun part.

There are frequent hardware roundups, so you find those and find a product that consistently has great performance in the price bracket you're willing to spend.

And by hardware roundups, I mean people actually scientifically test the performance under controlled conditions; you shouldn't ever believe what the box says to be 100% accurate, though it often is.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#15ClouddxPosted 12/1/2013 9:45:18 PM
The TC is basically saying more options are bad.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#16garcia_jx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 11:24:25 PM
Clouddx posted...

Give me options but what are the differences between the same cards with the same gigs and different prices? How do I know which is which. Do I just go by whatever cost more (the best)?
#17phantasyPosted 12/1/2013 11:32:19 PM
garcia_jx posted...
Clouddx posted...

Give me options but what are the differences between the same cards with the same gigs and different prices? How do I know which is which. Do I just go by whatever cost more (the best)?

read the buyer reviews. they tell you a lot. when I buy stuff i tend to read the first 2-3 pages to get an idea if its worth buying or not.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]