This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do Steam Sales have a "master list"?

#1Viper114Posted 12/1/2013 11:53:26 PM
Like, do they have a list of what deals happen on what days at what times? Like if a game is on sale initially for 50% off, will we see on a list that it will be like 75% off for one day later on in the sale? I ask because there is a game I want that is 50% off now, but I wouldn't mind saving more if I can expect it at like 66% or 75% or more on a particular day.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#2DisastersaurusPosted 12/1/2013 11:55:02 PM
lol why would they tell you if it's going to be cheaper in the future and deter you from buying it now at a higher price
---
hella butts
#3Viper114(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2013 11:58:05 PM
That's what I think, but I remember hearing someone "knew" of a better sale on a later day before, so they saved more by waiting. So it got me wondering if they found a master list, to save more?
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#4arleasPosted 12/2/2013 12:27:17 AM
Yes... you have to pay homage to the statue of Gaben and sacrifice your first born at midnight and you'll be welcomed into the fold as one of the true believers in Gabenology.. Then every week you get an email from Gaben himself outlining his plans for world domination, favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes, and the coveted master list of game sales.

Either that or sometimes developers wind up leaking information...no wait.. it's definitely the first one.
---
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/astats_card_76561197969913402.png
http://i.imgur.com/ByJEpRK.gif
#5dekouPosted 12/2/2013 12:32:48 AM
Just buy it on the last day. Of course, then you'd have to check Steam periodically to see if it's on sale, and that's exactly what Valve wants you to do.
#6shdwdrgnixPosted 12/2/2013 12:10:33 PM
I've seen games drop from 50% to 33% on the last day
#7Killago0mbaPosted 12/2/2013 1:36:58 PM
The general practice with steam sales is to wait until the last day to purchase the game you're looking for unless it's a daily or flash deal as those have bigger discounts Also, sometimes the daily/flash sale prices return on the final day for some games, so if you missed a deal during the week you may have another chance at it on the final day.