This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Action Racing Games?

#1Wario_manPosted 12/2/2013 6:37:53 AM
I'm looking for something along the lines of car customization with either or both local and online racing. With at least boosts but weapons would be awesome too. I've played both the Sonic Racing games and Little Big Planet Karting/Modnation Racers but find myself left wanting. When I was a kid I played the Hell out of Mega Man Battle and Chase and have been looking for something to fill that void, is there anything out there for me on PC?
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#2kill2thisPosted 12/2/2013 6:46:15 AM
Blur?
#3ATARIJAWAPosted 12/2/2013 6:47:29 AM
kill2this posted...
Blur?

Blur and Split Second were delisted from Steam a while ago. I don't know what else to recommend. Wait for Project : Cars I guess.

There's a free Ridge Racer gamer on Steam but it's awful.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#4thefabregas22Posted 12/2/2013 6:47:47 AM
Mario kart 7 on the 3ds
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#5Wario_man(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 6:56:21 AM(edited)
I got Mario Kart 7 and was really disappointed with it. I don't know what it is but it just didn't grab me. Customization is nowhere near as good as the Mega Man one, it still feels pretty much exactly the same as other Mario Karts and the Sonic racing games blow both it and the Wii one out of the water.
I've got Blur 2 and haven't really touched it much, maybe I should try it again sometime...

My bad, it was Grid 2. Tha'ts the one I need to look more into >_>
---
If they won't sell it to you, it isn't piracy.
#6DisastersaurusPosted 12/2/2013 8:24:48 AM
Need For Speed Rivals has everything you listed, and even if the 30 FPS cap bugs you, a fix has been found.

I can highly recommend the game. Customization, weapons, and boosts alike.
---
hella butts
#7x_stevey_xPosted 12/2/2013 8:57:34 AM
Wario_man posted...
and the Sonic racing games blow both it and the Wii one out of the water.

lol no
#8Ch3wyPosted 12/2/2013 9:00:22 AM
x_stevey_x posted...
Wario_man posted...

lol no

Yes.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#9CC RicersPosted 12/2/2013 9:03:39 AM
ATARIJAWA posted...
kill2this posted...
Blur?

Blur and Split Second were delisted from Steam a while ago. I don't know what else to recommend. Wait for Project : Cars I guess.

There's a free Ridge Racer gamer on Steam but it's awful.

Wtf I wanted Blur
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#10x_stevey_xPosted 12/2/2013 9:04:07 AM
Ch3wy posted...
x_stevey_x posted...
Wario_man posted...

lol no

Yes.

sonics items are horrible, boat/plane sections were tacked on and had horrible controls, stunts were a redundant necessity /gimmick. online was horrible.

now don't get me wrong.. sonic transformed was decent .. and definitely has some good qualities.. but it is not mario kart caliber.. and anyone who says so is just trying to make themselves feel better about being a pc gamer and delusion-ally trying to convince themselves that they have the superior kart racing game