This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Audiophiles.... can the Logitech UE6000 headphones be used for gaming?

#1skillfactorPosted 12/2/2013 1:01:29 PM
Tigerdirect has them listed at a great price for 69.99 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=8588329&sku=DHS-102028406

however, it looks like they are more geared for the ipod... would these be PC compatible and decent for games?
---
i5 2500k (4.7 ghz) / Noctua NH D14 / Crossfired ATI 6970s 2gb / 8 gb ram ddr3 1600 / Corsair 500R White
#2ShubPosted 12/2/2013 1:07:28 PM
There is no reason why they wouldn't be compatible with a PC, headphones with a regular 3.5mm jack connector will work on anything that has a 3.5mm jack connector. I can't say if they're any good for gaming however, as I don't know anything about them.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3skillfactor(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 1:09:09 PM
My bad, my post is mainly in regards to gaming and the headsets onboard mic.
---
i5 2500k (4.7 ghz) / Noctua NH D14 / Crossfired ATI 6970s 2gb / 8 gb ram ddr3 1600 / Corsair 500R White
#4Ch3wyPosted 12/2/2013 1:10:31 PM
I'm under the belief that if they're good for music, they're good for gaming.

A lot of people will say soundstage this, soundstage that, yada yada yada... But I find soundstage to be the most exaggerated and placebo susceptible attribute of headphones.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5r0ge00Posted 12/2/2013 1:16:22 PM
Ch3wy posted...
A lot of people will say soundstage this, soundstage that, yada yada yada... But I find soundstage to be the most exaggerated and placebo susceptible attribute of headphones.

You're welcome to have your own opinion, but I will tell you right away that it's not a very popular one. Soundstage is great for separation and pinpointing sounds.
#6Man_called_WarPosted 12/2/2013 1:21:36 PM
The mic is on a 4 pole jack so you wouldn't be able to use it with a PC. As for being good for gaming, I wasn't a fan of how they sounded (for music) when I briefly owned a pair but they'd do the job and that is a good price on them. That being said I would still recommend an open set of headphones over a closed set unless you actually need the isolation.
---
Even a stopped clock, tells the right time, twice a day.
#7aak57Posted 12/2/2013 1:33:41 PM
Ch3wy posted...
I'm under the belief that if they're good for music, they're good for gaming.

Eh, if we're talking AD700 vs Q701 then sure, I don't think it's really a concern. But you're kidding if you think there isn't a noticeable difference between AD700s and M50s when it comes to positional cues. No, the M50s aren't terrible at soundstage so a gamer won't be massively hindered using them, but it's like saying a basshead won't mind the AD700s since they still do have bass.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#8skillfactor(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 1:34:09 PM
Man_called_War posted...
The mic is on a 4 pole jack so you wouldn't be able to use it with a PC. As for being good for gaming, I wasn't a fan of how they sounded (for music) when I briefly owned a pair but they'd do the job and that is a good price on them. That being said I would still recommend an open set of headphones over a closed set unless you actually need the isolation.

Bummer. I made the purchase in haste thinking they'd sell out at the advertised price. I was hoping the mic would work but its not a deal breaker if the audio makes up for it. Is there anything else out there that's competitive in this price range? Thanks for your input
---
#9Man_called_WarPosted 12/2/2013 1:54:51 PM
skillfactor posted...
Man_called_War posted...

Bummer. I made the purchase in haste thinking they'd sell out at the advertised price. I was hoping the mic would work but its not a deal breaker if the audio makes up for it. Is there anything else out there that's competitive in this price range? Thanks for your input

This thread has a fair bit of info in it and from a quick look it seems like the Skullcandy SLYR's could be what you're after.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-9-2-2013-sony-ma900-added
---
Even a stopped clock, tells the right time, twice a day.
#10PraetorXynPosted 12/2/2013 9:41:09 PM
You'd be much better off with a pair of AKG Q701's and a Blue Snowball desktop condenser mic.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9