This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can this Graphics Card and CPU run AC4 and Watchdogs at 1080p?

#21DarkZV2BetaPosted 12/2/2013 8:45:23 PM
Bowsaa posted...
GhettoLogistics posted...
Except I've run GW2 and SC2 on Ultra with far less capable processors than i5s, including a mobile A-series processor...

Lol. Nope.

Not at any sort of respectable settings/framerate.

I can run SC2 on ultra with a Phenom II quad. It chugs and stutters when a lot of action is going on, hitting as low as 18 if I deliberately try to make the framerate drop in a 1v1, and can hit single digits in 8v8.
It's not really hard to run those games on a crappy processor with good averages. It's the infrequent lows that really suck.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#22Sempiterna(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 8:50:51 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Yes.
It won't run remarkably well at max settings because your CPU is garbage, but you can turn your visual effect settings all the way up and run it 1080p no problem, I'm sure.
CPU isn't going to impact resolution scaling, so whatever lows you get at 720p will carry over to 1080p. The only thing to remedy that is turning down draw distance or physics. However, given that the game is built to target a really low-end processor, you could probably manage 30+ on medium.
That said, I strongly recommend a 7870 over a 270x, as they're the same thing, but much more affordable.

Ok, I'll just get the 270x in Canada the price sucks for both and I see no big difference. My motherboard says it has socket FM2 - whatever that means with "AMD chipset" recommended. What CPU do you suggest I upgrade to down the road?
---
If nothing you do will fail, how much more would you do? Show me,
Utube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Altermax777