This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do all PC gamers slam the crap out of consoles and people that play them?

#1VandorLeePosted 12/2/2013 3:22:30 PM
It seems that if a pc gamer hears i play a console, he'll let me know how inferior consoles are and all the great aspects of a pc and what the heck am i doing playing a pc and essentially im stupid.

I just like consoles.....
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 12/2/2013 3:23:15 PM
I think that's mostly your inferiority complex blowing things out of proportion.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#3SinisterSlayPosted 12/2/2013 3:23:37 PM
No, and I think it's fair to say most don't.

What pisses people off is when the console gamers start saying garbage like PC has no exclusives, PC can't be used on a TV with a gamepad, etc. etc.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4HydroCannabinolPosted 12/2/2013 3:24:27 PM(edited)
Typical peasant topic. Coming to the master race for apologizes and perhaps acceptance? Hahahahahahahaha.

^^ awe the guys above me ruined it. Was gonna be first reply with a douche response. Now I just look like an idiot.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#5KabtheMentatPosted 12/2/2013 3:24:23 PM
Anyone smell that?

It's dirty roughspun cloth sack or something?
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#6ThePCElitistPosted 12/2/2013 3:24:39 PM
I like both but if some console only gamer comes in here displaying their sheer ignorance with stupid claims then I'll correct them. The whole "huehuehue pc has no gaemz" just annoys me these days.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#7reincarnator07Posted 12/2/2013 3:25:53 PM
VandorLee posted...
It seems that if a pc gamer hears i play a console, he'll let me know how inferior consoles are and all the great aspects of a pc and what the heck am i doing playing a pc and essentially im stupid.

I just like consoles.....

Consoles are inferior in terms of power and what they can do. You just have to remember it doesn't make you inferior for liking them. Stop caring what other people think of your hobbies.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#8KabtheMentatPosted 12/2/2013 3:28:39 PM
Yeah, I don't think most "console peasants" realize that the whole PC master race thing is a goof. When PC gamers use it, it's mostly a parody of stereotypical PC douche bags that worry about getting an extra 4FPS on Crysis.

Most PC gamers I would bet have at least one console. I personally own both a 360 and PS3, plus an old DS.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#9DawnshadowPosted 12/2/2013 3:30:19 PM
No.

Consoles are cheap, easy, and straightforward. They have good exclusives. Any game you buy will work; there's no odd incompatibilities. There are advantages.

If you like consoles, play consoles.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/
#10TehPwnzererPosted 12/2/2013 3:36:38 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
I think that's mostly your inferiority complex blowing things out of proportion.

As a PC gamer, I can vouche for him, it's not. Most console gamers do not suffer from an inferiority complex, because they don't know any better, and most of them don't care. Console gamers don't care about performance to the same degree that PC gamers do. I find that most console gamers game for the sake of gaming. For the community. The looking for every treasure chest to unlock all the extra stuff. To them it's more about playing the actual game and having fun with it.

PC gamers are more akin to mad scientists that focus less on the actual gaming part of things, and more on the performance part of things. They look at how much AA they can dish out at 1080p with 120fps at which temperatures and with ubersampling in their benchmarking records. It's like they use games as display pieces for what they can do with their PCs rather than build PCs to have fun playing games.