This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do all PC gamers slam the crap out of consoles and people that play them?

#21DisastersaurusPosted 12/2/2013 3:15:49 PM
"Do all X do Y?"

no

not ever
---
hella butts
#22wizardmonPosted 12/2/2013 3:16:55 PM
Dawnshadow posted...
Any game you buy will work; there's no odd incompatibilities. There are advantages.

There are odd incompatibilities though, play on a small screen and you can get really motion sick from playing with a (objectively incorrect) FoV setting, which on the consoles you can't change. This is a disadvantage.

Although, I will admit that I was VERY surprised to see Warframe allowing PS4 users to change the graphical quality and FoV. I honestly can't remember another console game that's ever allowed that.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#23arleasPosted 12/2/2013 3:36:50 PM
It seems that if a pc gamer hears i play a console, he'll let me know how inferior consoles are and all the great aspects of a pc and what the heck am i doing playing a pc and essentially im stupid.

That's a rather recent phenomenon, only made worse by people who have watched Yahtzee's videos where he talks about the "PC Master race" (meant to be an insult to the people acting like you describe).

In the past, you ALWAYS got "slammed" by people who had purchased something you didn't. "What?! You bought a Dreamcast? What a hunk of junk! PS2 all the way baby!!" "N64?! That's a kids console, PS1 is the best!" "HAHAHAHA! You actually wasted your money on a Turbographix 16?! OMG You should have just bought a SNES!" etc etc etc.

The only real difference in all of that mess is that prior to the late 90's and onward, the games were so different between consoles and PC that there wasn't any reason to attack someone who had one. Once they started making more games that were on console AND PC, people would look for a reason to make the other guy feel bad because he made a different choice.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/KDYNR.jpg
#24Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 12/2/2013 3:37:45 PM
I play games on both, so no.
#25ShadowThaReaperPosted 12/2/2013 3:38:03 PM
Current gen consoles are trash, and there's literally no reason to own one, unless you like Nintendo.
#26ClouddxPosted 12/2/2013 3:38:39 PM
Yep every single one of us does it all the time. >_>
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#27CovenantPosted 12/2/2013 4:03:13 PM
TehPwnzerer posted...
It's like they use games as display pieces for what they can do with their PCs rather than build PCs to have fun playing games.

This is a profoundly ignorant, unintelligent opinion. Most PC gamers have never even run a benchmark in their entire lives and if they ever did, it was because they mistakenly thought it would provide information useful in determining whether a dated machine could run a game.
#28Hawkfan369Posted 12/2/2013 4:31:06 PM
Nope, most people who play pc also own consoles and just play multiplatform games on pc due to graphics, ect.

PC only gamers are quiten arrogant though
---
console + pc + handheld = true master race
#29Bossdog421Posted 12/2/2013 4:38:12 PM
Do all console gamers slam the crap out of the other consoles and people that play them?
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#30ShadowThaReaperPosted 12/2/2013 4:40:53 PM
Bossdog421 posted...
Do all console gamers slam the crap out of the other consoles and people that play them?

Yep. Until PC enters the conversation. Then they collectively poop their pants over "elitism".

Sony fanboys are especially susceptible to this.