This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do all PC gamers slam the crap out of consoles and people that play them?

#71murderinthedarkPosted 12/2/2013 11:22:28 PM
Yes
#72WinpusPosted 12/2/2013 11:59:34 PM
JKatarn posted...

You sound like the kind of person the TC is talking about - it's weird that someone would get defensive over criticism of a gaming platform, but then again it's weird that you would go out of your way to tell your "friend" that his version of the game is "crap" etc. Also, you probably wouldn't see as many games being produced were it not for the console market as the console gaming market is GINORMOUS compared to the PC gaming market (in total number of game consoles out there vs. gaming PCs), anyone can buy a console, hook it into their home network, pop in a disc (and likely have to do a few updates....automatically) and be playing with very little searching/intervention on their part. That is not to say PC gaming requires an engineering degree, far from it (certainly not from some of the threads/posts I've seen around here), but it turns out that most of the public aren't terribly bright. Also, I can and do go back and forth between console/PC gaming and it's not really "jarring", there's a difference, sure, but it doesn't take me too long to adjust and enjoy the games.

It is weird that he gets defensive the way he does, almost as if he's picking a fight. Though I don't tell him that his preferred versions are "crap" just that the PC version is objectively better in some aspects. I wish it were better in ways more than just graphics, but for the reasons I listed in my previous post in the comparison, it's not possible.

I'm someone that accepts sacrificing frame rate for visual fidelity as long as the frame rate stays above 30fps. I do go back and forth between games, and prefer competitive shooters on consoles (mostly to maintain an even hardware playing field). My "jarring" comment was mostly toward games that are ported across platforms where you get used to a certain level of quality on one version.
#73skyfire777Posted 12/3/2013 12:34:47 AM
it's amazing how humans argue about the most pointless stuff, right?
---
i like nachos
#74IAMlnDiGNaTioNPosted 12/3/2013 12:54:13 AM
skyfire777 posted...
it's amazing how humans argue about the most pointless stuff, right?

This is entertaining and mind relaxing, "real" problems are not.
#75Mega_SkrullPosted 12/3/2013 1:01:29 AM(edited)
Why do you care TC? I doubt PC is different, they just have a disproportionately high number of very stupid fanboys, like any platform. They merely have the superiority shenanigans, but it's no different from the other fanboy crap.
---
http://goo.gl/Wg6w0 "=[_]=! Bump some other boobs, will ya?!" - p
"That sounds so perverted, dude. ._." - M