This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a PC

#1Kazuhira07Posted 12/2/2013 6:13:16 PM(edited)
First of all I want to say it's not for gaming. The one I currently have has an outdated and weak motherboard with low power supply. What I will mostly use it for is DVD ripping and encoding so I need a good processor. I'll be watching a lot of videos and music as well. And while I don't want a gaming PC, I might be interested in playing a few in the future. I don't care abouth high-end graphics for gaming or 60 fps, what I want is something that I have the possibility to upgrade without running into issues.

Also, is Windows XP Professional still available?

EDIT: Forgot to mention I want something that can handle PS2 emulation.
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
Currently playing: Ys: Memories of Celceta, Tearaway, Final Fantasy VIII
#2gsf4lyfePosted 12/2/2013 6:18:27 PM
What's your budget? Do you want to build it yourself?
---
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#3Kazuhira07(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 6:22:37 PM
gsf4lyfe posted...

I'm open to all suggestions. Anything from 400-700, but I don't want to pay for something I won't even use to it's full potential if you know what I mean.
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
Currently playing: Ys: Memories of Celceta, Tearaway, Final Fantasy VIII
#4gsf4lyfePosted 12/2/2013 7:48:29 PM(edited)
Kazuhira07 posted...
gsf4lyfe posted...

I'm open to all suggestions. Anything from 400-700, but I don't want to pay for something I won't even use to it's full potential if you know what I mean.

Ducks in under $700 with a really nice i7 for your encoding stuff. Overclockable too if you want to squeeze even more performance out of it. No graphics card, but the Haswell onboard graphics aren't terrible and will run a bunch of games. You can always add one later.

edit: I suppose a link would be helpful http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2e0zQ
---
SteamID: gsf4lyfe