This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help on PC Build (Itachi00)

#41Flaktrooper123Posted 12/4/2013 8:32:16 PM
First of all, the power consumption of the PC does not depend on the PSU wattage rating, but rather the hardware you attach it to. For example, if you use 800W rated PSU, but the various hardware you have it attached to only consumes 400W, the power bill you pay for would be similar if you are using a 500W PSU with the same rating.

That is where the 80 Plus rating comes in. That rating represent the power efficiency of the PSU itself. 80+ standard means it is about 80% power efficient, ie only 20% of the power it uses is wasted as heat. The rating has levels as well, 80+ Standard, 80+ Bronze, 80+ Silver, 80+ Gold, and 80+ Platinum. The higher the level, the more power efficient it is, the Platinum rating means it is around 90% efficient. More efficient means less power bill and less heat generated. Of course, that also means higher rated PSU will be more expensive than similar one with lower rating. Note that many cheap PSU don't even qualify for 80+, one reason you should avoid some odd Made in who-knows-where brands of PSU.
#42itachi00(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 6:57:03 AM
What if i bought a psu with the same wattage consumption. Will it still work? Or do i need to take into consideration that it needs extra wattage. Assuming i dont oc
---
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDUH57KJS6E rate my amv
ore wa kisama o taos o monoda, Ore ni kanau mono ha sonzai shinai
#43ShubPosted 12/5/2013 7:03:17 AM
That Seasonic M12II 520W you had initially is perfectly fine for what's being discussed now. Don't worry about it.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#44itachi00(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2013 7:21:42 PM
Is psu better at managing consumption than say plugging into a socket directly?
Also can i use a octopus wiring on this?

Just asking since i have a lot of handheld and phones
---
#45AsellusPosted 12/5/2013 7:24:30 PM

Er, not the same sort of thing. The psu handles converting power from the AC you get out of an outlet to the DC computer components require.
#46MaxCHEATER64Posted 12/5/2013 7:33:02 PM
itachi00 posted...

wat

The PSU is the thing you plug into the socket...

---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
http://i.imgur.com/xUwa3va.png
#47Mogu_MoguPosted 12/5/2013 7:42:15 PM
Any advice on my build? Any parts that I can improve without paying too much? Im planning on building a PC that can play recent games and also emulators(dolphin etc.)

gtx650 Ti Boost 2gb
2TB seagate 7200rpm
core i5 4570 haswell
Seasonic m12ii 520w
gigabyte ga h81m-s2ph
Corsair vengeance Single 8gb
Samsung 18.5 led monitor
Sonic Gear Morro 200 USB Powered 2.0 Audio Speakers 250

For the items you're listing off here, one doesn't really belong. The CPU. It's pricepoint cannot be justified in relation to the other items you have selected here. No one else made this suggestion so I will tell you now.

Your video card, around 150 dollars, with the rest of the items you have listed puts it at a budget build. There is no reason to throw that CPU into the build as it really skews things. Even for emulation. You're better off getting a cheaper CPU and just saving money overall or throwing a bit more of that money into a better GPU. Also, the non K intel CPUs as of now tend to not like to overclock as well as K models. Need that unlocked CPU. And your motherboard doesn't look like it really allows for good overclocking anyway. And stock CPU cooler overclock, as suggested, isn't really ever an ideal situation.

You already got mentions on the dual channel memory thing so I'll leave that alone. The rest of the build is understandable and just preference so have at it.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#48itachi00(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 11:30:52 AM
Thanks mogu mogu . What do you prefer the radeon 7850 or the gtx ?
---